Community Intro

hola, hi, hello from the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: might want to give a hi to froggy and Pandemic

1 Like

I will take a nose after work then ^-^ Thanks for the help

1 Like

Hello Stonehearthers,

Just wanted to say hello. Iā€™ve been playing since last Wednesday and Iā€™m really enjoying the game. These boards have been very helpful and itā€™s great to see such an active community contributing to development. The Twitch development streams have been quite fun to watch and I canā€™t wait until the next one so I can join in :slight_smile:

I have some suggestions and feedback I will be sharing. This is so exciting.

So yeah, Hi!

~ Glitter

3 Likes

Welcome to the discourse!

3 Likes

Thank you!! Nice to met ya.

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there everyone! Hope all is going well with you!

I just wanted to introduce myself, as Iā€™m new here! I stumbled across Stonehearth randomly just a few days ago. I actually have no recollection of how I came across it. Iā€™m pretty sure I was on Steamā€¦ But after I saw it, I was gunning for buying it. It needed. To. Be. Mine.

Especially after I read the bit about how the creators of the game are so open to, and even requesting mods. This has inspired me (someone who has had a lot of fun doing pixel art) to not only buy the game, but also buy Qubicle, so I can make some of my own mods. I know how to do the art bitsā€“just need to learn some more on animating and coding subsequently, and I shall be good. :heart_eyes_cat: I already have some concept art doodled out for some Penny Dreadful style Heartlings and lands, and some elfy/aztec people living in a jungle. Super excited!

I hope you guys end up enjoying what I make, and if you have any for me, feel free to throw them my way!

1 Like

If you are looking to create pixel art in the from of paintings and stuff it might be nice to team up if you would want to ^Ā¢^. I currently have a mod that introduces a whole new job called the painter and am creating paintings myself as well ^Ā¢^.

If not its also perfectly fine but i think i let you know ^Ā¢^. I just started to team up with a few other people to be able to make more and better content.

Here is the link to my topic and since i am working in a team now i might change the title and stuff but that is a minor thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me know what you think ^Ā¢^

4 Likes

Haha, I maaaaayyyyy have peeked at that already xp I would love to make some art with you! It could be very fun!

1 Like

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you :slight_smile:

Welcome! If you need any help with animating, just ask me, iā€™m the animation guy around here (mainly because iā€™m the only guy),
implementing then isnā€™t my department though, so youā€™ll have to ask people that do coding for that

Alright then i added you to a group message with other people i work with. In there we can talk about how and what ^Ā¢^

Hey there @MrsFizzes, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:! Moved your post over to our Community Intro topic - we try to avoid having too many ā€œhello!ā€ topics :wink:.

Ah, thank you so much! Iā€™m super sorry I didnā€™t realize it was there! I looked through the tags, but not the discourse itself XD

1 Like

No need to apologize, thatā€™s what weā€™re here for!

2 Likes

Hello world!

I am new to this discourse. I backed the StoneHearth kickstarter and have been following progress ever since, but I didnā€™t get around to installing the game until about six weeks ago. I am enjoying it immensely, even though most of my play-throughs have ended in disaster :worried:

I have spent some time today learning about modding. I have written a mod called ā€œlucky_diceā€, which rolls a 4, 5 or 6 for all of the Hearthlingsā€™ attributes instead of the usual range of 1-6. I am aware that this will spoil the balance of the game, it was really just an exercise in learning how to make a mod.

I have a couple of questions:

1. would it be ok with the developers for me to share a ā€˜cheatyā€™ mod like this?
  2. would anyone be interested in this mod either to play with or to give me advice on whether it is written correctly?

If there is interest I can start a thread in the modding topic to discuss further.

Best wishes to all,

Fiveoaks

3 Likes

Welcome @FiveoaksGreen and thanks for being a Kickstarter backer too. :slight_smile:

Oh yes. We ship debugtools which is the most cheaty mod ever XD. You could even include an ā€œunlucky diceā€ mod for teh harcorz XD

Thanks for playing and making a mod too! :smiley:

4 Likes

Ah, and now time for the obligatory introduction post :grimacing:.

Hey all, Iā€™m Addison, or you can call me by my self-assigned moniker, Dungeon Stone. Itā€™s nice to meet you.
I always find these things so funny make, you know 98% of the active users on the board never check this post anyway lol. But regardless.

Iā€™ve been following Stonehearth regularly since the early days of itā€™s Kickstarter, but unfortunately was never a backerā€¦ My mom wouldnā€™t let me use her card :///
ButIā€™mGroooownNow :love_you_gesture:t5:
After admiring in silence for 4 years or so Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m well overdue in joining the community lol. So here I am, I hope to be an active and helpful memeber.
I -like everyone and their grandma- have mods Iā€™d love to make and add to the community, and theyā€™re ideas I hope you all will enjoy playing along with me, but this is neither the time or place for that.
So Iā€™ll leave it with a thank you for reading through my wall of text, and Iā€™m looking forward to talking with you all soon!

~DS

7 Likes

Thanks for introducing yourself @DungeonStone :smiley: Thanks for following us for so many years and let us know if thereā€™s anything you need!

2 Likes