Colonial Settlement mod?

Any idea if any mod like this is in the works, if not I would love to see someone make one, I have plenty of ideas if they would be of of any assistance.

1 Like

Could you explain a little more? Do you mean like… arriving on a boat across an ocean with a few supplies and trying to survive against natives who already have a strong foothold in the area?

2 Likes

What I meant was like colonial era more so not necessarily arriving on a boat but that could be neat as well. I’d just like to see something in the era

1 Like

I think all he wants is guns

2 Likes

Not really, while muskets are pretty cool it would add a lot more to it, more crops, like tobacco and luxery resources

1 Like

There is luxury already… fluffy bunnies^^

Haha but mooooore luxery :smiley:

That reminds me of the Colonial mod from Banished lols

1 Like

well the main aspect of colonial settlement would be the musketeers, ships and cannons (which are more representative content for such era), while the exotic goods were just a local discovery and not technological invention. So while talking about luxury, i think if the developers give us some coremechanic like needs for hearthlings, it would make sense to expand it with mods of a bit unimmersive things like tobacco. i think anno 1404 venedig content fits more the stonehearth style (middleage/fantasy) than the colonial stuff.

1 Like

could you explain a litte more?
the full topic is just wondering around…

The Colonial Charter mod from Banished is mainly why I want a mod lile that for stonehearth, you could actually use the muskets and see hearthlings drink the ale that you brew. And I mean with colonia you could have multiple factions that have certain strongpoints, you could make each faction a country and have a faction also be the natives, natives would probably have better attack skill and start off with some resources already

1 Like

^ This lols =) xD***

1 Like

the main aspect of this mod was the colonization of the american continent, things like tabacco, bisons, cottonplants were the new aspect. Things which were not available on the old contintens, like europe, africa and asia.

the most interesting part would be muskeetes and such stuff, while food is not that special, since we got a fantasy styled game and not realistic oriented. And luxury items don’t have a coremechanic implemented into the game…

I would like to see mod that transfer Dwarf Fortress mechanics into Stonehearth. Could anybody make a mod for me? :wink :wink

I would love to see a Colonial mod! Love that era. :wink:

transfer Dwarf Fortress mechanics into Stonehearth

Any in particular?

1 Like

I like dismemberment, we should have that :laughing:
kidding, kidding.

I know brewing was in the kickstarter, is that still planned?

1 Like

Things I appreciate the most that (in my opinion) could be, at least to some degree, transfered to Stonehearth are:

1. Advanced system of morale, personality and social relations,
    which gives unique depth to the gameplay, creating an impression that members of the colony are living and feeling creatures (in contrast to mindless minions seen in most RTS games)

2. Many random and unpredictable events that can happen to your colony, instead to linear progress that can be seen seen in most games. This makes every gameplay unique and worth remembering (also significaly increase overall level of difficulty ;).

1 Like