Character Class Rogue?

I had an idea for a character class for Stonehearth that may or may not be a good idea, from the classes you have already it might work. I was thinking a Rogue class/Thief, go invisible assassinate, steal kind of class as you have a healer, a tank, melee damage, and ranged damage. This class may not work at the moment or at all for single player but might work better for the multiplayer pvp maybe.
For Stealing maybe it could be from stockpiles/chests or maybe from an actual character by using stealth for example a guard that has a nice shiny sword you “could” attempt to steal it from him if the Rogue/Thief was a high enough level.
I don’t know if this class would work but it might be a nice idea in the future.

2 Likes

I personally think this is a good idea. But i think it would work for just single player too. A Rogue could steal from the stock pile of the goblins. Or a group of them could silently kill a bunch of goblins at the same time. I can see how it work out.

2 Likes

It could also sabotage (like you send him in to damage the enemies weapons or armor ) or setup traps on determined locations

2 Likes

Sounds a lot like the functions of the announced Ninja from the kickstarter goals – we know there’s eventually going to be ninjas in some capacity, and I reckon it would work pretty well for a dedicated class.

I love the idea of being able to sneak into enemy camps and cause mischief – not just assassinations, but things like unlocking the pens that hold the Goblin Wolves before they’ve been tamed… or making the Kobold general think that a subordinate Goblin Cheiftan is trying to take their place…

In other words, I reckon that such a class could provide some non-combat ways to neutralise, confuse, or turn away enemies when the player doesn’t want to face them head-on.

2 Likes

I like the idea as a non-combatant only. If you want to kill things, the existing combat classes do that pretty well. As for the rest… heheheh. Yes.

One idea I have is that you may like to give a thief a “camo-netting” zone. Just like trappers place traps in trap zone, thief lays camo-nets on camo zone. As long as one thief deployed and maintaining camo nets, everything inside the netting area got its value underestimated. So you can create some kind of “Forgotten society”: accumulate wealth and manpower while unnoticed, for shadows and silence are our allies…
Guess this will work well for Rayya’s, for their army don’t develop much until mid-game, and the camouflage system will give them an alternative route to deal with enemies.