Can you make clean icons directly from Qubicle Editor?

Oooo out of curiosity how did you get this step done? XD i have been wanting to add to my items XD

5 wide stroke at %50 opacity, or something like that… i just can’t remember the exact values, but i do know its done with the stroke tool.

1 Like

Is this in Qubicle or photoshop? XD

I think it was 6 pixels wide border in black 40% opacity. That got almost (if not) the same result as the other items.
Grab an item in the game with that effect and compare it side by side with your item, until you get the sizes and colors right, that’s how I did :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Awesome thank you Bruno, I am guessing this is in photoshop? XD

Yes, but can be done in any other good editing app I guess.

3 Likes

Can confirm GIMP has a nice stroke tool. Though it measures from the center, not the edge, so you might have to select the area, add a layer underneath, and use Stroke Selection with 12.

3 Likes

I ended up using photoshop as I have used this program since CS2 (now on CS6) was quite simple to do. if anyone wants to know how yell out and ill post some instructions.

Regarding the addition of stroke, is this still the standard style of the game? If you look at the newer items, there is no extra shadow/stroke in the images. Just wondering if this is a migration to removing them or if the devs expect to go back eventually and add those in over time.

1 Like

I expect they return and update. It is so much better.
They also lacked a little on the stockpile category icons. The first ones were 2D images, very cute, and the newer icons were simple the 3d isometric of an item, and it doesn’t look any good. (clay resource and potions)

3 Likes