Building construction and removal bug

Summary:
Tried to build a herbalist house. It took ages.

Later i noticed (due to a starving notice!) that one of the workers seemed stuck on top of the chest/herbalist table edge. I couldnt work out how to get them off except to uninstall the table and the chest. Once i did that they walked off and got food.

After that the herbalist house would not complete. It was complaining about needing a herbalist lab (which it had in storage since i uninstalled it to free the worker) but it wouldnt use it. I built another one and it wouldnt use that either. I couldnt relocate one of the herbalist labs to the location in the house (the cursor would let me place it other spots in the house but i couldnt place it on the location which needed the lab).

After a while i removed the building and i had an engine crash…

release-763 (x64)
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:265: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:245: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:256: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:250>
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:265: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function '_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function '_update’
radiant/client.lua:44: in function <radiant/client.lua:39>

Steps to reproduce:

Im not sure what made the worker get ‘stuck’ on the chest/lab, but they coudldnt get off and im wondering if that blocked the lab table being built.

1. try making a worker build something under another worker (or two workers build under each other)?

Expected Results:

House to complete.

Actual Results:

House ‘locked’ in partially built mode.
Wouldnt use the parts that i built for it to complete.
Couldnt manually install lab table into spot in building (wouldnt let me, would let me place it elsewhere in the house)

Notes:

Attachments:
i will try and attach a screen shot of the building menu (which shows the table as built but it goes back to ghost mode when you exit building mode).

Version Number and Mods in use:
vanilla release-763 (x64)

System Information:

1 Like

Thinking about it, i might have changed the ‘job’ of the worker in question too. I remember trying to change their job and not having that happen although that was probably because they were caught ontop of the chest.

1 Like