[Res] Goblin Totem placement error (ver. 11 r 453 x64)

I had paused the game and placed 12 Goblin totems in a row with one space between them then un-paused and went to mark some trees for chopping, the game started serious lagging, I panned around to see these workers doing weird stuff with the totems:

They place one, pick one up, pick up a ghost and some just stutter

This error kept popping up several times also, seems they think to much.

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
[C]: in function ‘error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function ‘_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function ‘_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function ‘_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function ‘_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function ‘self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

This game was 29 days old and had 13 Hearthlings ( by the way, morale is a b*tch to get back to 4 :confused:)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Alienware R4
16GB RAM
Intel® Core™ i7-4820 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70GHz
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 760 (2)

2 Likes

Interesting item to note on this same game, I had saved it to post the error and started the game again, loaded that save and this is how those same workers are after a reload :smile:

2 Likes

mines just done the same and has crashed my game fully

This just happened to me also. I placed a totem and my weaver picked up the ghost image of it. Then was stuck… another worker placed the totem. After, which the game froze so I saved the game and closed out the game. Loaded the game again and the weaver lost his body and his head on the ground. The totem is still in his inventory too.

2 Likes

One of my workers seems to be stuck in the ground after placing an item on solid ground. I’m not sure how or why, but I’d like to get him unstuck. Anyone have any ideas?

Actually it looks like my weaver is stuck in the ground in the same building too. Not sure what’s going on.

Not sure if this is related or not, but now all of my villagers are just standing around idling and have been for a while. Occasionally one of my patrolmen will move but that’s about it.

I’m getting this Engine Error:
release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
[C]: in function 'error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function '_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function '_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function 'self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

I would quit and reload the game. If not, there’s a console command called “reset” which puts them back on solid ground. Just Ctrl + Shift + C again.

1 Like

If you tried to place either a Goblin Totem or a stuffed bunny toy they will lag out your machine and crash like that and hearthlings will be in the ground as seen in this post [Res] Goblin Totem placement error (ver. 11 r 453 x64)

Thanks! I got one worker out of the ground, but the reset only moves the other worker to a different spot in the ground. They continue to be stuck no matter how many times I reset them.

Sometimes (I believe it is when I load into my game) my workers are stuck in the floor bar their heads so then they can’t move and they end up starving to death. Even with the reset command, it doesn’t put them back above the floor it just slides them a few blocks to the side in the floor so it’s impossible to get them unstuck and they eventually die.

EDIT: I just tried digging the person out and it seems as if their body is almost non-existent and they just sink further into the floor. They then went to sleep and appeared on the correct level however it has been 2 in game days and they are still asleep.

sounds to me like the goblin token bug [Res] Goblin Totem placement error (ver. 11 r 453 x64)

Paging @Albert, has the AI error from the OP been fixed? I know the disappearing bodies is still an issue…

Unclear. I’d close this bug and see if it reappears.

1 Like