[BUG] [Alpha 7: build 180] Game crashes when building walls in a mine, Inactive weaver [more]

Hey guys!

So here are a few bugs I encountered that I didn’t see while scrolling on the discourse.

For all of the followings:

Version and mods:

• Alpha 7 latest build 180
  • No mods

System Information:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
  • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2,8 GHz
  • Radeon HD 5770 DDR5 1GB
  • 12 GB RAM DDR3

First: The game crashes if you try to build a wall inside a mine

Steps to reproduce:

• Dig out a mine.
  • Build a single wall inside the mine.

Expected Results:

The game doesn’t allow you to do so (or it does and build the wall consequently).

Actual Results:

The game crashes. The error it caused is in attached.

Attachments:

log_wall_mine.txt (1.8 KB)

Note:

This is due to the ghost occupying a single square instead of the three it should occupy (at least it’s my guess).

Second: Weaver gets inactive when using maintain commands

Summary:

When you ask the weaver to maintain 9 threads or 6 cloths (those are the two cases it happened to me, didn’t try the others) the weaver just stops doing anything related to crafting.

Steps to reproduce:

• Issue an order to maintain 9 threads.
  • Issue an order to maintain 6 cloths.

Expected Results:

The weaver maintains 9 threads and 6 cloths in your stockpiles.

Actual Results:

No such item is created and the weaver stops all activities related to crafting.

Note:

If you remove the maintain orders the weaver starts working again.

Third: Scaffolding is not removed upon finishing a building

Summary:

So I happened to design a building for which the worker “forget” to remove the scaffolding when they’re done building the house.

Steps to reproduce:

• Order the house I made to be built (see attachments).
  • Watch your minions work.

Expected Results:

The workers build the house without any problem.

Actual Results:

Look at the bugs flowing while they build the scaffolding.

Attachments:

log_scaffolding.txt (1.7 KB)
House (buggy).json.txt (66.1 KB)

Note:

I did other building and this does not happen. Also, if you restart the game the worker will be “reminded” to remove the scaffolding and do so.

Fourth: The slice mode button turns off on its own

Steps to reproduce:

• Activate the slice mode button.
  • Play around a bit. (I couldn’t figure out if it time of something I do that causes the problem… Sorry)

Expected Results:

The slice mode stays active and the button stays pressed.

Actual Results:

The slice mode stays active but the button pops up by itself. You then have to clic it twice to deactivate the slice mode.

Fifth: Citizens use the dresser as a chair to eat

Steps to reproduce:

• Build and place a dresser.
  • Have a citizen eat next to it.

Expected Results:

The citizen eats on the floor or finds another place to sit.

Actual Results:

The citizen just sits in the dresser and eat there.

Sixth: Fences can be stack on each other

Summary:

When you place a fence, it creates a ghost. If you place another fence right beside that ghost (so the fences would overlap) before the first fence is built, the two fences will be built overlaping as well. Then, if you remove one or the other, the iconic item is put on top of the other fence while the citizen who removed it gets stuck. You then have to remove the other fence so that the first one (now iconic) falls on the floor and so the citizen is freed.

Steps to reproduce:

• Craft 2 picket fences (A and B).
  • Place fence A on the ground.
  • Place fence B right beside it so they overlap before fence A is built.
  • Wait for the fences to be built. They now overlap.
  • Remove fence A.
  • Notice that iconic fence A now sits on top of fence B and that the worker who removed fence A is now stuck in fence B.
  • Remove fence B.
  • Notice that iconic fence A falls on the floor and that ther worker is freed.

Expected Results:

The game doesn’t allow you to place the second ghost there.

Actual Results:

The game allows you to and this create a handful of bugs.

Note:

This is due to the ghost occupying a single square instead of the three it should occupy (at least it’s my guess).

Other minor bugs

• Plushies aren’t put into stockpiles unless they are fresh made and you didn’t touched their settings.
  • Many icon are missing for the crafting UIs

I hope this helped! If you need any details feel free to ask and tell me if I’ve done this properly. It’s my first bug report.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I had the same problem too! The scaffolding of my buildings never came off even if I put the actual items for the preset building pre-made or not. It’s kinda frustrating because once the building is counted “complete”, the scaffolding just stays there.

1 Like