Bed ownership has some unanswered questions:
- Can multiple people share one bed? Think of families or similar.
- What happens if the only available bed is an owned one? Does the citizen sleep on the floor? Does it violate the ownership?
- Can multiple beds be owned by one guy?
- Will they prefer owned beds to unowned ones? How far would they go to reach one?
and so forth. Although this sounds extremely micromanagy, I would like beds to have options:
Owner(s): Who owns this bed?
- Nobody can use this bed (for the purely decorative)
- Only the owner can use this bed
- Everybody can use this bed in an emergency1
- Everybody can use this bed, but preferred by the owner(s)
1: An emergency can be defined as “I’m really tired but this isn’t my bed”. Additional factors, such as “My owner(s) are not sleepy right now and therefore not in immediate need of a bed” can also be applied to create a more… friendly filter.
The class filter is actually a good idea; maybe the owner-filter itself could be based on profession, level, gender or individuals. Maybe even families, should they be implemented at some point.
Ah, grandson, in this bed, crafted by your grand-grand-grand-grand-grandfather a thousand years ago, have all your ancestors slept at some point. Sometimes together. I’ll explain when you’ve grown up.