Bananas Are Radioactive

its true its on the internat and all.
i like bananas so much… tasty dersert.

bananas plz dont be radioactive!

1 Like

I feel like you would like my greatest achievement, this thread:

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/concerning-grammar-blackholes-and-the-illuminati/6548

This is what I would call art. :art:

I … well… the thing is… what??

finger hovers over the lock button

2 Likes

it tru

bananas r radioactive

Oh god, not this old thing again. What the heck, let’s scare people…

First, bananas are just especially radioactive. But it could be worse - you could take a transatlantic flight from London to New York - that’s the same radiation dose as 400 bananas! And the radiation dose at the Fukushima town hall two weeks after the accident at the reactor there was equivalent to 2.5 transatlantic flights (1,000 bananas).

For the ladies, that mammogram is the equivalent of 4,000 bananas - or a whole year of normal background radiation. Meanwhile, CT scans of your chest are in the region of 70,000 bananas.

Now let’s separate the irrational from the clear-headed…

1. The maximum legal safe dose in the US is 500,000 bananas. You need a dose of about 20 million bananas-worth to die.

2. Oh, and let’s not forget that the type of radiation also matters tremendously.

I leave you with the inimitable XKCD…

https://what-if.xkcd.com/29

Lock time methinks.

4 Likes

@Teleros Just to let you know, I know quite a bit about radioactivity. I was well aware of this fact, and how pointless it is to know bananas are radioactive.

On the other hand, this thread is not supposed to make sense. Please remove your completely reasonable and informative post immediately. Thank you.

i 8 lots yesterday so may die now

http://www.salt-city.org/gallery/files/2/5/6/killsbig.gif

5 Likes

and to think i thought this day would play out just like any other ordinary Friday at the hospital?

thanks for the PSA @Teleros! :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Glow in the dark bananas

1 Like

yeh glow in the dark.

Hi! @EpicDwarf here for Glow N’ The Dark Bananas. Powered by sheer power of uranium induced atomic radiation, as well as the amazingness of the banana itself, and activated by, well, I dunno, it’s a banana, so who cares. It’s greedy conglomerate and corrupted government approved and it’s safe for, well, who cares, but it’s totally not for consuming. I mean, who eats bananas anyway?

Use it to walk your dog or your frog! Use it make dinner for you! Use it to learn! Use it to stare at! Use it to entertain! Use it for anything! The possibilities are endless with Glow N’ The Dark Bananas! I know it can’t do any of the stuff I listed, but who cares when it’s a freaking Glow N’ The Dark Banana! But remember, do not consume it! You do not want to end up like @Geoffers747!

Make it a paste, but I dunno who would want to. Make it tens times more powerful! But if you do, you risk destroying the planet or worse, destroy Radiant Entertainment’s offices! If Stonehearth ceased to exist, I wouldn’t be here shilling out for this usele, I mean amazing product!

Sometimes eating is the solution. If you use bleach, you’ll ruin your clothes! Wait, that was from the other commercial.It has the power of bleach except a gazillion times more dangerous without the damaging side effects of being useful!

When your regular atomic apple or pear just isn’t enough, supercharge it with Glow N’ The Dark Bananas. 100 bananas in every load of laundry, or anything in that matter, It will make your brights brighter! And by brights I mean it would could cause a dangerous explosion, and the light from the fires and explosion are what would be brighter.

Wait! I just realized what it could be used for, no wait, not even the US Military would want this piece of crap.

Anyways, I’m almost out of time, and even if I wasn’t, the sheer unprofessionalism of my pitch and this commercial would turn you off instantly, so let’s end this so I can get my paycheck quicker!

Call now and you can get a Glow N’ The Dark Bananas for only $100!

But wait!, there’s more! Call now and you can get a FREE computer screen cleaning.

Just call now and we’ll double the offer! Just pay separate shipping and handling.

That’s right, you get two Glow N’ The Dark Bananas, a $500 offer, for only $200! Wow!

Here’s how to order!

. . .

######Can I get my money now?

2 Likes

I w i l l n o t e v e r b u y i t .

Your apostrophe is in the wrong place.

(Also, that “advert” seems depressingly realistic :stuck_out_tongue: …)

It comes with a pug that’ll clean your screen! Order now!

So, sommerbreze may be banned until 2042, but atleast we still have this Topic to remind us of all the times he made us all deeply question our sanity and sexuality.

Actually the only thing he made me do was wonder whether he was a bot or taking, ah… medication.

We may never know what was going through his/her head…

I guess ignorance is bliss…

I was wondering if he was a bot too!

Nah, he was too smart to be a machine, but I’m not excusing him as smart.

So, it’s more likely that he was a little kid, or some really dazed and confused guy.