Atralane's Antics (7/22/2016): Argo Tonitruous!

Good luck mit der test!

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! It’s me–I am indeed still alive!

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything to the Discourse–too long. (Seriously, nothing since my German test?! By the way, I passed!) While I don’t have a current massive build at the moment, I figured I’d share the beginnings of what I hope to be my next big project.

The beginnings of Alhark Keep!

Naturally, you might notice there’s no actual Keep yet! I’m starting with some of the lower suburbs and farmland, building my way up to the top of a large desert mesa. I figure one main feature of this build will be numerous bridges between the different parts of the fortress and its surrounding city.

Since it’s pretty early on, Alhark can go in a number of directions. Does anyone have any particular recommendations or requests they’d like to see me include? I’m particularly fond of steampunk and industrial components (as you’ll notice with the Depot farther up the thread).

I’ll be gone for a while next week/weekend, but I’ll see if I get any time to keep working!

6 Likes

Woohoo the master builder is back :slight_smile: Congrats on your German test.

As far as the build goes, i’m not much of an authority since I’m not a good builder so all I can do is agree with you about making those bridges connect to things.

3 Likes

you fully deserve the titel master builder, I bow to your awesomeness

1 Like

Hey everyone! Finally, a decent little project to showcase! I tried getting this done for the 200th stream, but I couldn’t get it to its current state until today. I’ve been trying to get this model to work for a while, and this is the first version of Stonehearth that came reasonably close to pulling it off!

And so, I reveal…

The Argo Tonitruous!

This is the largest aerial craft I’ve made so far! Approximately 95% of the vehicle was constructed legitimately–there’s a few spots in the hull that wouldn’t build normally, as well as some scaffolding that needed to be destroyed with the console. However, it came so close this time that I figured I’d call it a win.

The ship features eight engine pods: two main drive propellers, two in the back, and four vertical stabilization engines. The vertical versions proved to be one of the most problematic areas with failing to construct and leaving scaffolding behind.

And now, some internal shots!

Here’s an overhead shot, to provide some scale. I put a stone brazier in the middle of the smokestack.

I hope you all enjoy! I’m thinking of making some sort of massive cityscape next, so I’m figuring out what I’ll include/try to accomplish. The Argo Tonitruous took a little too much console-manipulation for my liking, so I’m going to aim for something more legitimate (no insta-building!)

See you all later!

8 Likes