Hi everyone. This adds a new biome to your game. The biome is Archipelago, which means ocean with many islands!
archipelago_biome.smod for alpha22.5
Place the downloaded file in your stonehearth/mods folder.
Here’s what you will see in it.
Mini map, choosing the start location:
New class: Fisher
- Low tier class, promoted using a Bucket talisman, crafted by the Carpenter (Potter if you play with Rayya’s Children).
- It will work in other biomes too! (Though with less features when outside the Archipelago)
- Get fish or capture crabs in traps.
- Only hearthling that can harvest oysters and get their pearls.
- Also the only one to harvest seaweed.
- Can help with early game crafting fish based food and weapons.
- Can craft fish or pearl containers required in seed trades.
New vegetation and its items
Palm trees: can be harvest for coconuts. Can also be chopped for wood.
Papaya trees: like the palm, can be harvested for papaya fruits, and then chopped for wood.
Dranden and Smalea trees: Big and small trees found in this biome, main wood source.
Oak and Acacia recolor: will have colors similar to the native plants.
- If you have the Cafe Mod, coconuts will satiate the hearthlings thirsty, a feature added by that mod.
Beach and Ocean
Crabs and turtles: peaceful ambient mobs.
Starfish: just decoration, can be moved around, has no other purpose.
Broken boats: wrecked boats with treasures. Can be harvested for its wood and some gold and silver.
Oysters: big shells. Can be harvested for pearls, by a fisher only.
Seaweed: underwater plants. Can be harvested for fiber, by a fisher only.
Accessories: workers will wear beach visors, flower crowns or swimming caps.
Tents: made from native materials
Camp: stockpile filled with coconuts, decorated with sandcastle.
Beach ball: item only found in their camps, can be looted.
Cocoling: a monster coconut. Starter mob, weak.
Octopus: has close and ranged attacks. Medium strength.
Anchor. Decoration placed on the ground or walls.
Raft: Decorative, will float above the water.
Tiki torch: Decorative and gives a warm light.
Ship wheel: Just decorative.
Fish Stew. Cooked food.
Cooked Fish. Cooked food.
Crab Omelette. Cooked food.
Crab Cake. Cooked food.
Coconut container: Decorative and requested by seed traders (instead of other plants)
Cocobombs: Will explode when an enemy attacks it, hurting enemies around it, and also adding slowness and fire.
Palm tree saplings: Not really a recipe, it is a new crop.
Float bobber. Will float in the water and spawn fish around it.
Crab trap. Will attract (or spawn if none is near) and capture crabs near it.
Sashimi. Raw food. Only way to eat fish without cooking it.
Fish container. Decorative and requested by seed traders (instead of other plants)
Pearl container. Decorative and requested by seed traders (instead of other plants)
Slap fish. A fish used as a sword weapon. +11 attack, for footman.
Crab pincer. Crab pincer, also a weapon, wear like a glove. +12 attack, for footman.
Flower garland. A flower decoration to hang on the walls.
Sand castle: Just decorative.
Hammock. Another “bed” to sleep.
Pirate flag: Just decorative.
New build block colors
Sand colors: you can build with the same color from the sand, using clay.
Hope you liked it!
- Biome background image art (seen at the kingdom/biome/difficult selection screen) is an edited version of the Arctic biome art (made by Radiant).
- Captain Miranda hat (tricorn) edited from @JackWESTCustoms free models (OpenSource Models)
- Loading screen art by ? (found in multiple stock sites, not sure if it has a proper autor)
- Palm trees inspired (almost a pure copy) from game “Crossy Roads” (seen in Brazil themed levels). Coconuts inspired from that game too.
- Carpenter house template made by @Raze
- Flower garland made by @Averest (with small edits for symmetry and better positioning)
- Coconut and Papaya harvest icons made by @Stmpnk