Any other CS students?

Underailing ahoy! To start with I’ve got no idea how your weird american uni/college system works with things like college and uni being different sometimes just being the start of the weirdness to me. I am doing a bachelor of IT though here in australia, I get the choice out of something like a dozen majors and chose Games Design and Development. However due to the sad state of standardization there I’m planning on doing a double major but you’ve thrown me off here, I was planning on doing the second as Software Development but now I’m looking at CS again (it was my second choice). It’s all interesting stuff, I’m better with maths than programming but I am quite talented at maths.

It’s all interesting stuff, I’m kinda lucky for the choice in that most of the subjects that are required for either software development or computer science I’m taking as electives because they’re the most interesting options. What would all your thoughts be on Software Development vs Computer Science? For reference the games development one I’m doing as well is more physics and games focused, the general software course has more general things like algorithm design, oop, and web dev courses but based off first year which I’ve done is slower than the games one. First year was easy enough in that my elective choices meant that I did all required subjects for all three.

1 Like