[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.4.7 - The Drinking Update!

already done (so hours it was ;), thanks for telling me where it was! )

2 Likes

I’m having some issues with crafters not queuing anything. i also get this error. Any help?

release-949 (x64)[M]
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:245: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:245: in function ‘_get_least_valued_entity’
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:230: in function ‘_get_recipe_cost’
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:160: in function ‘_format_recipe’
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:72: in function ‘_create_maps’
…ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:22: in function ‘post_activate’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:306: in function ‘create_controller’
…ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:97: in function ‘add_crafter_info’
…ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:106: in function ‘get_crafter_info’
…ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:92: in function <…ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:90>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function ‘trigger’
…tonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_player_service.lua:9: in function ‘add_kingdom’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:129: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:124>

1 Like

Now I get the error at the very start :frowning:

what mods are you using? it might be an issue with a recipe in one of them?

1 Like

OK!!! So after annoyingly turning every mod one by one and restarting. It appears the mod Yings Yangs was messing it up. turned all other mods back on and no error so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the coming days we’ll be releasing another patch with some fixes and small changes. That new patch will also come with a big “Survey” that is being prepared for checking on the state of things, what people feel about the ACE features, etc… it’s sort of an attempt for getting a bit larger sample of feedback so we can guide our work better in the future and coming updates…

But before that big survey is released, I wanted to ask a quick question on something that might even show up before the next big version depending on the feedback :slight_smile:

For those following our Discord, this has been talked a few times already… A Brewer job. The Brewer would be very similar to a Cook but responsible for all the drinking items and crafting. We have the necessary “foundation” for that since brewers were part of original SH plans (before drinks themselves were shelved) so it wouldn’t be a step away.

The reasoning behind that new job would be the following: The Cook has a very important job (feeding the town) and shouldn’t be interrupted with non-vital jobs (drinks); The Cook’s crafting menu is already very cluttered with many new recipes and drinks have added to that, particularly with lots of new workbenches. A Brewer would allow you to make sure your stocks of both prepared food and drinks are carefully attended; It would also work as an additional “effort” for unlocking the benefits/bonuses of drinking, which turns it into a more rewarding player choice since they are not needed for survival but improve your town, being a luxury. Finally, a Brewer job would allow us to add more types of drinks and drink crafting stations, allowing for cooler and more diverse drink types, etc…

The Cons would basically be: another job which technically means an additional hearthling for players with lower-end computers that need to be careful with their populations; or, even if that’s not a problem for you, simply having one more job might be if you prefer to have less specialized citizens.

Anyway, that’s the idea…
So, cast your vote! Would you like to see a Brewer job?

https://www.strawpoll.me/18706857

5 Likes

Thank you for the good work and the news update.

Frist the idea to relieve the cook is nice in a town with 30 Heahtlings+ the cook have better things to do :sweat_smile: but with more drinks and new Buffs comes a new Problem as player I want to determine what buff the Heahtlings use.

A sample.
A farmer have to be good in the job faster working etc.
A fighter as to be strong
And a hunter and a hauler have to be faster in running.

now the Problem the Heahtlings chose witch drink they dinking it will be nice to oder them you dink this you this … :-).

PS: can give me anyone the discord link :sweat_smile:?.

2 Likes

ACE Discord - https://discord.gg/hedJNQ

There is also a ‘general’ SH discord called the “Official Unofficial Stonehearth Discord”. I can’t get an invite link for you for some reason.

Oh, and please make the brewer. I have two cooks just so one of them can make drinks…

1 Like

I voted “no brewer for ace”
Since I think that could be folded into the herbalist, though I’m not opposed to a modded brewer at all, just maybe not for ace

3 Likes

True, also definitely not now, don’t focus on new classes until you finish going through vanilla ones.

1 Like

I voted “yes to brewer” but I think this is something that could wait at least for now.
Since if you manage town correctly you normally shouldn’t have any issues with getting drinks ready for the rest of heartlings.

3 Likes

release-949 (x64)[M]
…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:454: table index is nil
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘report_error’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:58: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:454: in function <…nehearth/services/server/terrain/terrain_service.lua:449>
(tail call): ?
stonehearth/data/weather/titanstorm/titanstorm.lua:288: in function ‘?’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:194: in function ‘invoke’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.lua:77: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:91: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:538: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:58: in function <…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:57>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

What…?

1 Like

This seems to be an issue that happens every now and then when the Titan is summoned, I’m unsure about why and it seems to also happen in the base game alone (no ACE)… Or at least I was told it does :merry:

Either way, we can take a look and maybe apply a fix through ACE :jubilant:

1 Like

I like the idea of the Brewer and based on what I’ve seen of ACE and it’s crew of modders I think it will be implemented well. I’ve always liked the idea of a broader, deeper class tree like was considered earlier in the games development. While I can understand it as unnecessary complication, I also see it as being able to handle things like needing a smaller town for lower end computers. Have a base “cooking” class that handles low end, simple cooking and basic drinks and that way a “Cook” can handle a smaller towns food and drink needs. Then they could specialize into, say, a “Gourmand” who does more complex foods that actually provide benefits beyond eating (warming Chili or cooling Gazpacho type recipes), or a “Libationist” who focuses on creating the most exquisite beverages (ales, liqueur, spirits) and perhaps even assists an elevated form of the “Herbalist” into an “Alchemist” who requires specialized fluids for their more delicate potions. Personally, if I could think of a good means of doing it, I’d want a middle job in there too…maybe “Cook -> Chef -> Gourmand” or “Cook -> Brewer -> Libationist” to really specialize a Hearthling. Of course this is getting the horse ahead of the cart, I’ve just always liked the ideas of job change systems like Final Fantasy 5 and Tactics XD It always felt like having accomplished something to unlock a new job or getting a group into the “perfect” class combination.

1 Like

Yes on brewer for me because the poor cooks are overwhelmed just trying to feed people. Making them have to play brewmaster on top of that makes the whole thing even more cluttered. Hands-down, the cooks have the absolute most recipes to deal with from top to bottom. I can barely keep up with it all, so I’d imagine the poor little Hearthlings are tearing their hair out in frustration.

Got a bit of an amusement/bug going on in my game where the Hearthlings are playing soccer with their cargo rather than carry it in their hands. It’s funny to watch, but I’m pretty certain that’s not supposed to work that way.

It makes me laugh, though, so we can call it a feature instead of bug.

And one last amusement:

The pets sleep hanging half off of their pet beds. Like cats.

1 Like

not sure if this is from ace or from the storage mod (will post there to) but there is a cooked foods (meat image) button under raw foods which if you have everything under prepared foods ticked it automatically ticks the cooked foods above dont particularly think cooked foods should be under the raw vegetable category, as well as the raw meats & animal goods as it is a “raw vegetable” category,

also, i have no idea how i get caviar and fish roe for fertilizer, played my town for a while and havent encountered it DX

This is from the Better Storage mod and ACE conflicting. Better Storage doesn’t work well alongside ACE’s latest version :frowning:

As for fish roe and caviar, you can find fish eggs in the water near fish every now and then… or you can get it with Fish traps, built by the carpenter and operated by the Trapper (or Fisher if you use the Archipelago mod)