[ACE] Pre-Release 0.9.3.3 - The Quality Update!

Is it normal for pets to ignore kibble
And shold they keep sleeping when starving

2 Likes

I’ve had quite a bit of lag conserning saved games. Once I reload a game I can’t seem to get hearthlings to do anything but idle after a few days of playtime. Had one game with 7 hearthlings and that just shouldn’t happen.

2 Likes

They shouldn’t ignore it, no! Could they reach it?
Was it a type of kibble that the pet could eat? For example, pets like rabbits won’t eat common kibble, they need veggie kibble.

That sounds unusual indeed, I am sorry you’re experiencing all that lag! I can run the game quite alright with lots of hearthlings, however, when testing with only ACE. So it must be something else.
How old are the saves?
Are you using any other mods? Have you tried starting a fresh game with only ACE and see if the same happens? It could be something related to either the saved games being too outdated (a lot has changed) or incompatibilities not yet solved by us or the other modders!

2 Likes

Saves are from yesterday, only the debug was used but even saves without using debug were giving me the issue. I cleared the entire game, deleted the steam folder for stonehearth and that sped the game up a bit but the hearthlings still didn’t want to do anything on those saves with a fresh install. I should mention i’ve only had this issue since the last patch, so hopefully that helps narrow that down a bit.

Edit: I deleted those saves but if i come across another I’ll post it for you.

2 Likes

Do those saves happen to, for some reason, have a huge amount of fish on your water bodies?

Because we’re currently investigating an issue that for some reason made fish populations multiply a lot… And that can cause severe performance hiccups!

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible but I have yet to see a fish in any of the bodies of water in any of my games…

Edit: I will also say the maps that have given me the biggest issue with that were desert maps.

Edit 2: I’ve also noticed that daisy’s spread like wildfire I ended up having to forcefully destroy a bunch of them because they spread in the matter of days from about 10-15 plants to about 100.

1 Like

It was a raccoon(omnivore) and a rabbit(herbivore) with veggie kibble in bowls next to them

1 Like

Unfortunately, I am also having the issue of rabbits not eating anything. I have placed kibble bowls for them with kibble in it, they ignore it. I have made rabbit feed for them, the shepherd won’t feed them. The rabbits are constantly dying and getting the attention of my priests, who starve while healing the starving rabbits.

Is there a purpose to fish? How do I catch them? Do I need Bruno’s Fisherman mod for this?

1 Like

afbeelding

2 Likes

arent those for pets though? i thought feed troughs were for the normal animals?

3 Likes

I had no idea, thank you. I’ll add a trough and see if it fixes my issues. e: that did it, thank you again! Still wondering about the fish, if I can catch it somehow.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

I have an issue when pets are standing near the banner, have status “avay from town” and can’t go anywhere so they are starving and losing health

1 Like

While we wait for Team ACE to fix the fish spawning issue, here is a script you can run to delete all the fish in your world. Back up your save, pause your game, open the Lua console (need Debug Tools enabled), then paste the following:

fish_types = {
 [1] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:dark',
 [2] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:long',
 [3] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:big',
 [4] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:silver',
 [5] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:dark:fry',
 [6] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:long:fry',
 [7] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:big:fry',
 [8] = 'stonehearth_ace:fish:silver:fry'
}
for _, entity in pairs(_radiant.sim.get_all_entities()) do
  for _, type in pairs(fish_types) do
    if entity:get_uri() == type then
       radiant.entities.destroy_entity(entity)
    end
  end
end

Wait until you see a green <nil> in the console. Resume the game, let it run for a few seconds, and save again. Enjoy a slightly less laggy game experience.

Note: this script is a virulent poison, and will destroy all fish in your world. If you use fish, I recommend either taking out one of the fish_types, or removing one (or all) of the last ones, the ones with fry at the end, so you have little fish to grow up later.

Thank you team ACE, great mod.

e: Nevermind, you don’t have to remove any of them even if you use fish. The fish respawn in water afterward, though at much reduced numbers. Looks like you can just run this script about once or twice in an ingame month to keep your game running fast.

4 Likes

Seems to me everything that reproduces if left unchecked is causing this issue not just fish. I’d love to see one herd at a time move through and if you fish or kill them all then and only then would another spawn or a certain number of wild herd game are permitted on the map at one time, same with the daisy infestation.

1 Like

Bug report: disallowing fertilizer from stockpile does not exclude it from the stockpile as it should.

3 Likes

Daisies grow X times; when they grow, the new daisy will grow X-1 times. This should be 3 times if spawning naturally and 6 times if manually planted (resulting in a patch of 8 daisies from a single original wild daisy, or 64 daisies from a single player-planted daisy). I’ll cut the player-planted back to 4 (16), but spreading from 10-15 to about 100 is totally in line with wild daisies, and they should’ve naturally stopped spreading completely around that point.

4 Likes

Oh, OK, I wasnt sure and it looked like there was an awful lot of daisy’s growing from just a few plants made me nervous lol that does make sense as long as they stop spreading after a certain point thats not an issue xD

2 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for all your hard work, I’ve been enjoying the game so far. I have a bug for you, though;

release-949 (x64)[M]

stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:559: table index is nil

stack traceback:
[C]: ? stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:559: in function ‘filter_from_key’
…/ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:58: in function ‘_on_feed_changed’
…/ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:44: in function <…/ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:37>
[C]: in function ‘start_thinking’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:102: in function ‘_start_stop_thinking’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:175: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:174>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘trigger’ radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>
1 Like

Just remove [code] from there, I’m still not used to Discourse yet.

1 Like