About Those Major Memory Leaks

I heard a lot about Radiant being hot on the heels of some big memory leaks, and that they were close to solving it, but I never heard that it was officially resolved and/or what the issue was/is. So I guess I’m wondering if anyone else knows the current situation of the leaks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Far as I know a few or couple got caught in the bug net, and I think they are still tracking down a couple more, which the next alpha will be focused on, among quite a few building issues. At least A14 runs a lot longer than A13, so that is a plus. This is from what I gathered… Don’t know for sure, just what I picked up from a few of the streams and here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Albert worked for three weeks on a massive memory leak involving how C++ binds with lua. He was basically fixing the libraries for them. But yes, that one is done now! Yang and Tony also did a lot of work to make sure that stuff in the game was being disposed of properly, and Tony and Chris nailed a bug where the memory would grow out of bounds forever till it crashed the game. So yes! but there are always more, and we will be focusing on them and on performance in Alpha 15. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for the info. Definitely looking forward to some great Desktop Tuesdays during Alpha 15 development talking optimizations.

5 Likes

Awesome, thats what I was wondering! I love hearing about these kinds of fixes. Also, if any of those leaks are particularly interesting, I’d totally wanna hear a few details about what the issue was and how it was fixed.

5 Likes