[A22 & A23] Little Gray Men

My first Mod its a work in progress but it brings the Little Gray Men to Stonehearth

19 Likes

This will be so cool!

many thanks for the vote of confidence. Please let me know if you find any bugs. I’m looking to add a whole load of veg and a campaign where they need to phone home and build a spaceship to return home

4 Likes

Any uniqueness to these settlers?

Suggestions:

• Create alien names (ex. zer 'atul, cuut mak, zoidberg)
  • Use voxel-like icons/images
  • Use eye-friendly color swatches while retaining the tone

Anyways, this is a great start, hope to see more soon. keep up the good work! :+1::merry:

3 Likes

This is fantastic!

probably the creepiest thing I will ever see on this discourse

1 Like

Why creepy?

@Hunyo18 Quite new to modding what do you mean by the above two items? I did have different names originally but had a major bug i couldn’t track down so had to go back to an earlier backup so haven’t put the names back in.

Some of the colors on the UI are too bright.

To keep with the style of the game, the icons should be more boxy.

Is there a guide on what colour ranges? I didn’t want it to be two gray!

There is an icon guide floating around there somewhere. I’ll have to look for it. Color wise, Tony always said try to stay towards the middle or left of color picker.

I’m not much of an artist so I’m probably not much of a help :sweat_smile:

EDIT: DT: Trait Iconography – Stonehearth

3 Likes

If you’re familiar with Photoshop then a solid advice would be:
Try fidgeting around with hue/saturation (ctrl+u)
1Gk6H

Printscreen a normal UI in stonehearth then change the Hue in Photoshop, mostly all colors that will appear are eye friendly (mostly). If still unhappy and you think is still to bright or sharp, try adjusting the saturation and lightness by 10pts or so.

By then, you already have the base color of the swatch, just add/subtract 10pts or so to get the darker/lighter version of the color for your UI.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Well there is the new Iconography tutorial and with it the new style for the new batch of icons. But most kingdom icons out there (I believe) still uses the old style :slight_smile:. Just an opinion though, but with that said using the tutorial for the new style will really be great! Your kingdom mod will be the first (or one of) to incorporate the new style :smile:.

1 Like

Hows that looking? even got some Roswell I beam icons in :smile:

3 Likes

I have now added a sleep chamber (bed) created by the stone mason

I have a few more items I want to add to the Mod before i release another version

7 Likes

better :+1:

for the bed, try glass-like sheets to mimic a sleeping pod.
or better yet, make sleeping pods.

the eyes. O.O
haha

nah but I think you may be surprised to know that a lot of people believe that aliens are actually just demons, which makes the child like hearthlings powered by an AI a lot more sinister.

1 Like

@Hunyo18 it has that when sleeping. The pic is the unoccupied state

2 Likes

woooohhh! I thought it was a stone bed

add a decorative placable UFO :slight_smile: