A14 Dev2818 Keeps Crashing To Desktop With No Warning

Summary:

Once my game updated to dev 2818 I keep getting crashes to desktop. There are no warning messages, black screen or freezing. I was continuing a save from dev 2807. There is no set time it crashes at. I reload the same save file and it can crash immediately after load or I can play for an hour before it crashes again. The logs seems to suggest not being able to spawn enemies in world.

Stonehearth.log:

stonehearth.log (917.0 KB)

Attachments:

crash.dmp (145.9 KB)

My Last two saves

<div style=font-size:9px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;width:127px;font-color:#44a854;> file upload

Versions and Mods:

A14 Dev 2818
Mods: Stonehearth Cafe, Settlement Decor, Tuhalu

System Information:

Windows 8.1 64bit
Intel i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
12GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 650M
Laptop Panel

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/crashing-on-start-read-this-updated-october-28/13297:

Besides updating the my drivers, yes.

Notes:
My game ran stable on 2807 so it might not be something with my system. I am playing off a save I created in 2807 so that might contribute to the issue?

We don’t know if the mods are being affected by the new version, but sometimes they need an update to be compatible, and meanwhile they cause issues on the game :sweat:

Ah, I wonder who wrote the "EVERYTHING IS BROKEN! =( " at the end of your log… xD

I definitely see some errors related to the mods, but there are other ones that seem related to the gm encounters, as you mention :slightly_smiling:

Paging @linda, then.

1 Like

Looks like it’s the same issue that caused the enemy palooza explosion. Several encounters from the save are looking for a place to spawn but can’t and eventually the game runs out of memory. We’re currently working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, new games shouldn’t have this issue.

4 Likes

Thanks for looking into this. Dang I was really starting to like this world, I was gearing up to face the hordes! Ok a new game it is!

@Relyss Thanks for looking at this as well. Yeah, mods is a double edge sword. Some of the mods weren’t working 100% with dev-2807 either.

2 Likes

Hello,
The latest build should help with the encounter-related crashes on new and old saves. Try it on your saved world and let us know if these issues pop up again.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I can confirm the crash with no warning. It only happens on when I load saves from previous updates though. Hasn’t happened on the new game I started with the current update.

1 Like

Karede, can you post your stonehearth.log? Also, are you on dev-2818 or release-504?

504 How do I post a stonehearth log?

To post a stonehearth.log, either copy and paste the text from the log into a reply, or upload the log just like you would a save game. The log is located (by default, assuming Steam) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth. Note that if you have file extensions disabled, you may see 3 files named Stonehearth. You want the file that is a “Text Document”, and starts with something along the lines of

2016-Feb-02 22:45:34.120148 | server |  1 |                              app | Stonehearth Version 0.13.0.491 (x64)
2016-Feb-02 22:45:34.122149 | server |  1 |                      core.config | user id is    19e9542e-bc27-11e5-b20c-0021ccd79586
2016-Feb-02 22:45:34.122149 | server |  1 |                      core.config | session id is 945b7138-ca28-11e5-a669-0021ccd79586

(Obviously the version number and ids will be different than mine)

stonehearth.log (1.6 MB)
Hopefully this is the correct one. It should be noted that I stopped playing the save game due to the crash and simply began a new town. The new town, so far, has had no crashes.

2 Likes

Thank you! My game has been rock steady so far :slight_smile: I will let you know if I see anymore crash from the older save.

2 Likes