8BitCrab's voxel stuff

i see you is doing nice models here ;D
Keep Going!!!

first take on a runestone for @Simica_Na,

will definitely be needing some more roughing up nd such, but for the first take iā€™m pretty happy. also, i used the tower brazier as a base for it, iā€™ll probably be using the small brazier as a base for a smaller runestoneā€¦

iā€™m planning on just making the mod for Simica_Na, but if anyone else would actually like to use the mod, say so and iā€™ll make it public. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@8BitCrab omg I love it! its so pretty! may I also make a request for possible wooden versions as well? :heart_eyes::astonished:

3 Likes

totally a plausible idea :smile: iā€™ll probably finish the stone ones before i get to work on the wooden ones though.

1 Like

@8BitCrab for sure! thank you again, this is just simply amazing, I was honestly wondering how I was going to decorate everthing and this will just be the thing I need!

1 Like

OH MY GOD. These are beautiful.

2 Likes

Awesome work @8BitCrab as always :smiley:

2 Likes

thanks fr all the kind words guys :blush:

hereā€™s the first take on the small runestone,

like the large one, it still needs some roughing up and such, but iā€™m pretty happy with it for now.

14 Likes

Damn man, where do you take your inspirition from? ^^
Canā€™t find any inspiration atm :confused:

Keep up your good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

ummā€¦ iā€™m not actually sureā€¦ from my head i guess :stuck_out_tongue:

i guess i also take my inspiration from Toms models, as almost all of my stuff starts out with a stonehearth model as the base.

for stuff like those runestones i just kinda stick and remove voxels on stuff until i get a cool looking design, and then i just carry that design across the rest of the model.

wellā€¦ i try just opening a basic stonehearth model, adding and removing a few voxels, and use the base colors of the original model. try not to overcrowd the model with details, less can be more.

those are just a few quick tips off the top of my head, but if youā€™d like me to try writing an actual guide on how i make my models just say so and iā€™ll do my best :slight_smile:

thanks mate, iā€™ll definitely be keeping at it, iā€™ll also be trying to keep updating this thread with my new models.

1 Like

Yes, please. So much yes.

2 Likes

alright, it will be released to the public!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be abusing itā€¦ It that OK?

Iā€™d pay for such a guide :stuck_out_tongue:

ummā€¦ sorry, but i dont understand what you meanā€¦ what will you be abusing, how will you be abusing it?

or was that auto correct and it was meant to be ā€œusing itā€ā€¦

haha, iā€™ll do my best to put something together, though i donā€™t know when (or if) it will be completedā€¦

No no, nothing wrong. Iā€™ll just place them EVERYWHERE. Abuse as in overuse. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

oooooooooooh, that makes senseā€¦ i need more coffeeā€¦

but yes, of course you can abuse it :stuck_out_tongue:

We need a coffee mod, boosts all stats by 200%.

2 Likes

so iā€™ve been having a hard time coming up with a good looking wooden rune thing,

however i did make something else,

the Sacred Spring, legends have it that whomever drinks from its water will never be thirsty again, and have unnaturally long lasting staminaā€¦

this might become part of the mod, if it does its not going to be a craftable thoughā€¦

edit: okay, after posting saying a was having a hard time coming up with a good idea for the wood rune thing, i had an idea for itā€¦

this is the small variant, and i think it looks not too shabby for a wooden forest rune itemā€¦ next up, the large wooden runeā€¦ thingā€¦ umm, what do you call a runestone thats made of wood?

22 Likes

Runewood? Wooden Rune? Rune-made-of-wood?

I personally shall be calling it ā€œcoolā€.

2 Likes