Writer’s Workshop Submissions. Cycle 2, Week 2

A hearty congratulations to our winners of cycle 2, week 1: @Smokestacks and @PDanford.

[color=blue]Well done![/color]

So here it is, week 2 of the second cycle of the Writer’s Workshop competition, and the theme for this week, thanks to @Pandemic is - “Who is helping the villagers build their settlement”

So, go for it. You can submit any story related to the theme.

Just to go over the rules once more:

• You can only submit one story per week. And in the interest of making this manageable (for the community to read and review), we’re asking for submissions to be no more than 600 words.

• Vote for as many stories as you want - simply ‘like’ the associated post by clicking the heart at the bottom of the submission.

• Keep all discussion of this week over here, as anything in this thread that isn’t a story will be moved or deleted.

Story submissions will close on the Wednesday August 21st, and the winners of this cycle will be announced alongside the following weeks new theme.

We want to see all stories regardless of ability as we’re thinking about the possibility of having future awards such as ‘most improved writer’, so don’t feel like you can’t submit!

p.s. Don’t forget to stop by the theme bank to submit your own suggestion for a topic. Also, feel free to take a look at the theme schedule to see what themes are coming next!

1 Like

You!

Yes - You!

3 Likes

reminder: we’re quickly approaching the halfway mark in this week’s competition…

and dont forget to check out the theme schedule, for upcoming topics… as well as making suggestions for future topics right here:smiley:

Now the adventure of our 2 companions continues. The story left off after Bob and Diynas just fought off the squid titan and made their way out of the cave and into the mountains ahead of them.

After a long walked I finally asked “Bob where are we?” I could see that he was going somewhere just not back to Ref or anywhere close to there. “We are going to meet someone I know” he replied. “How do you know someone out here in the middle of nowhere? When you haven’t even been out of the city until now?” he stopped turned around and responds with the most absurd answer. “I’ve meet him in my dreams while I was in jail.”

Now at this point we have been walking for 3 days after leaving the beach and during these 3 days Bob, who has be sober up during this time, has been walking like a maniac to someplace on this square world we live on. While I was thinking about him he stops and smiles then says “OK we are almost there I can feel it.” I then said “Bob you said this already just an hour ago.” “But this time I can feel it stronger.” He replied quickly. As I kept following him I wondered just how our home doing, has there be another attack, has…

I bumped into Bob because I was looking down while thinking. “Why you stop?” I snapped. “Because I found the place I was looking for.” I looked up and there was a massive tower right in front of me. ’ Where did this come from’ I pondered. “Let’s go in” said Bob. As we entered the tower and climbed the stairs we heard this voice saying “ok you um… Jim the worker go build this house… and you, Aaron the blacksmith make me this steel sword and armor for Nick the soldier…” As he went on with thinking that he was by himself we climbed the tower quietly. I notice the more names he said the more they were the names of the people in Ref.

Once we got to the top Bob said “Hello there my friend.” The man turned around and screamed “AHHH. Who are you and how did you find this place and where are you from?” After Bob explained that we are from Ref and about his dream the man look at us in great awe. After a while of listening to this man (his name was Tom and he was helping us make our city and helped the leader with big ideas and stuff) I asked “So you help us and tell us what to do?” “Exactly!” he exclaimed “I thought I could use some of my magic and help your city grow into the capital it is today. Also I helped you get here. Not only that but it is a big project to just help you guys, I’m just glad you’re smart to figure out all the little stuff by yourself.” There was silence…

2 Likes

ok, closing this one up… voting will continue until tomorrow morning… quite the turnout!! :stuck_out_tongue:

as mentioned here, we’ll be revisiting (re-imagining) this competition soon… stay tuned for more!