Workers Never Finish Stone Roofed Houses

Illegal construction. I.e. your house is bugged. Note the red floor plan.

House construction rules I stick to:
-Save before your start any new construction.
-4 squares away from any terrain feature, house, bushes, plants, zones, farms/garden. That’s 4 squares from the wall, not the floor plan (so 5 squares away from your floor plan).
-Don’t craft the doors and windows. Let the building fully finish and then as the roof is completed, have your carpenter craft the windows and then the doors.
-Leave lights, furniture, and beds to the very end when the house is fully completed.

Red floor plan means your house is bugged, ergo your game is now bugged. You will have to start anew or revert to an older save :frowning:

Some other notes:
-Don’t put crafting stations (Weaver’s loom, or carpenter’s bench) inside Buildings. By buildings I also mean any roads, patios, or decks you build using slabs or flooring. Although it may work at first, eventually you’ll have rogue path finding errors and the associated villager (carpenter or weaver) will become stuck permanently. Devs need to look at this. Note; sometimes the villager won’t get stuck, but some of the things they make will get stuck in the walls or on the floor of the building. Especially if you have them craft something without a designation (such as fence parts).
-Don’t build patios and decks. Until path finding is further fleshed out, these will count as extra Buildings and will cause all sorts of path finding errors. Dev needs to allow us to create patios, decks, roads, and pavement that isn’t declared a “Building”.

4 Likes