What's your best player survival tip? Help us with the new website!

You can also use all the fur for Fur Rugs to level your Seamstress (Can’t remember the class name off the top of my head. close enough :stuck_out_tongue:) quickly, and to sell for a ton of money when traders come. (Not that that class needs any help with faster level ups…)

weaver. though seamstress works, if they’re a girl. :wink:

1 Like

Is “seamster” the male variant of seamstress? Now that I think of it, it sounds more like some epic cloth sports car. :wink:

2 Likes

indeed.

[quote=“coasterspaul, post:103, topic:12512”]
Now that I think of it, it sounds more like some epic cloth sports car.
[/quote]to me it sounds like some sort of pirate ship…

2 Likes

I Always start up in the mountains. i look for a nice place where its just a simple wall connecting two hills together for quick defenses around farms. i like to start out with 1 carpenter, 1 trapper. carpenter makes farmers hoe and practice knife first and moves onto beds. then instead of building buildings i mine into the mountains like dwarves. i never run into fights one footmen decked out best as possible cant handle. typically i only get undead from within the mountains at night unless i leave the walls looking for a fight to train my footmen. plus my Helms deep type wall built into the wooded area provides plenty of farm and pasture space. just gotta get a trapper up quick with a lot of close by zones. he will tide you off until you can get farms going.

1 Like

Kill the wolf trainers before they finish, wolfs are overpowerd.

I have never thought of that! Genius!

2 Likes

2 Likes

9 Likes

Ah, you got it!! 0.1 Internet Point to you! I didn’t think people were going to realize that I did it wrong on purpose :wink:

3 Likes

Great tips in here, some I’d figured out and some not.

One more tip I found for dealing with the early fancy hat goblin: I have my carpenter get some xp by making 10 wooden practice swords; get a weaver as soon as feasible and make thread and leather until you have 10 leather armor. Make 10 of the best weapons you can (usually a mix of iron maces and stone hammers for me). Then when the goblin camp spawns, have 10 of your bravest (high spirit) become footmen, group them up and go kick butt (make sure you’ve got iron maces from your blacksmith, or bone maces bought off one of the traders).

1 Like

Here’s the way to keep your HEarthlings save:

Step 1: Build about 8-10 beds with your carpenter

Step 2: Craft a Hoe, and a Footman Sword

Step 3: Build walls around your base

Step 3: When a goblin attacks your town (Not the outpost, the camp) send your Workers to their camp and the guard to defend the goods (Trust me its safe)

Step 4: Makes lots of shields (That’s my main income when traders come and buy stuff)

Step 5: Progress through, making more farmers for more foods and more shields for more money to get money.

Step 6: Get hearthlings and put them into jobs

Step 7: Keeps atleast 3-4 builders so you can have buildings, at the same time getting more income and guards

Step 8: Make sure you have lots of food, and enough money

Step 9: Expand when you get more hearthlings (Repeat processess 3 to 9)

Don’t attack Buckbucks. You won’t survive. They will return in greater numbers.

7 Likes

Don’t place your town banner in water. It’s all downhill from there.
(Beleive me, I tried it once.)

4 Likes

So far for me this has worked perfectly well.
Get 3-4 guards in a party. When you find enemies, tell them to attack at the enemy’s location, then take the flag away just before they get there. They should be close enough to automatically attack the enemies, then walk back to town when done.

Might as well toss a more helpful one on the pile.

Crates can be your best friend.
I find it extremely helpful to have my carpenter set to maintain a large crate in storage so you will always have one ready.
Instead of using storage areas to keep common things like wood and stone, place some crates down where you are cutting down trees or mining. When you need a structure built, you can just move a crate of materials to the build location, making the process much faster.
You can also use this to gather materials like berries away from your town then just take the whole crate back, place it near your main storage, then assign the crate to hold nothing and your villagers will move the items to the appropriate storage areas.

4 Likes

Everybody is saying to get your non-military people to safety, but I’ve always just hit defense mode and watched as 2 or 3 goblins get overwhelmed by EVERYBODY coming and beating them to death with tools.

I’m a big fan of the direct approach. See goblin, attack goblin.

My REAL tip would be this: Start with a big building full of beds and tables and chairs. Farmland and a pile for food. Then, when all is calm, make buildings with a purpose to spread the town out. (Houses for beds, ‘Shops’ for the building type classes with space for goods and materials, a place for crates and crates that only hold wealth)
Once you have a good flow, switch from stockpiles to crates. BIG space saver.

3 Likes

I found that to be really helpful as a new player, I’d also recommend the next two hearthlings you recruit to be a footman and a weaver. Then play by ear from there.

If you can’t defend your rapidly settled town from the invaders you’re going to attract, then you’re going to loose some Hearthlings so hire a footman asap after obtaining a new Hearthling. Then hire a weaver since it lets you start making upgrades early on as well as items to sell for improving your net worth since a farmer and trapper can keep you in silkweed and furs.

You also might want to make sure your weaver has high Mind I’m pretty sure that effects how often fine items are made. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

indeed it does!

also, welcome to the discourse :smile:

Things that I found really helpful and works well

Offensive classes: warrior
stats: high spirit and body

Gatherers: Trapper, shepards, farmers
stats: high mind and spirit

Crafters:Blacksmith, carpenter, mason, weaver and cook
stats: High mind and body

some of them may not be exact. but this is so far what I have found.

anyone that has lots of low stats I keep them as workers lol