Weird Assertion Failure

2016-05-30 19:02:42.109244 | server | 0 | app | Assertion Failed: !saving_(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\dm\store.cpp:509)

2016-05-30 19:02:42.124754 | client | 1 | deferred | [deferred 74585 ‘remote 33743 radiant:server:save’] caught exception in Reject: boost::filesystem::remove: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: “G:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games\auto_save\server_state.bin”

2016-05-30 19:02:50.342203 | server | 0 | app | Assertion Failed: !saving_(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\dm\store.cpp:537)

I recieved this error while playing a game with the mod I’m developing. It seems to be something about saving and unrelated to modding, so I only posted the last few lines of Stonehearth.txt, but I could post whatever else could help.

Any Idea why this came up?

EDIT: Here’s the Stonehearth.txt for posterity:
stonehearth.log (1.3 MB)

Actually, one thing I cannot provide is a save file :frowning: I just discovered that not even an autosave survived, and I had yet to make a manual save.

Well I know from what little modding I have done that even a small error can cause the game not to load. I had an extra } in my en.json file and StoneHearth would not even start up. Once correct it launched from steam without a problem.

Uploading your complete stonehearth.log may give some insight as to what other processes may have been occurring at the time of this error.

I use http://jsonlint.com to validate my .json files.

Yes, I know that, it definitely was not on load-up and not a json issue. :smile: I was mid-game and this was a cpp assertion error

ok, I was not sure at first what your experience level was, then I remember you made the Bastioneer mod. So you should know more about this than what I do. This was about all the help I could give.

Thank you very much :slight_smile: I still spend way too much time with bugs not realizing that it’s a simple json error :smile:

1 Like

this is a wild guess, but it could be that something was wonky with the mod but the game didn’t recognize it until it tried to auto-save…

mind giving a bit more info about what kind of mod it is you’re developing? that might provide some insight as to why it threw this error…

The Bastioneers mod. :blush: Ive been playing the mod a fair bit and it has successfully auto-saved before, so I’ll check what I’ve programmed most recently to see if something is up with the save variables or something :smile:

Since it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: “G:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games\auto_save\server_state.bin” I’m inclined to think it has to do with some other program interacting with Stonehearth.

2 Likes

I don’t think that other program should access Stonehearth to that point… Maybe the game or Steam were being updated at that time?
:confused:

So weird… Did your saves disappear or just failed to be created?

It probably failed to be created, I think it was about the time for the first autosave

1 Like

Hm…Was this on a new game?
There are sometimes issues when the game doesn’t want to save if it’s too big.

Anyway I guess @Albert might be interested in the error, if auto-save is not working, or know who to redirect this to.