Undo Does Not Remove Doors or Windows

I was designing a building and I accidentally placed a window off-center. I tried to use the undo button to remove it so I could place it again one block over.
“version” : "0.1.0.1658"
Expected Result:

• Window should be removed.
    Actual Result:
  • Nothing happened. Because there’s no way I know of to remove doodads, I had to redesign the entire building.
    To replicate:
  • Make any floorplan, and raise the walls.
  • Place either a door or a window (I’ve run into the same problem with both.)
  • Hit the UNDO button.
1 Like

hey there @coasterspaul… welcome aboard! :smile:

thanks for the (well formatted) report… should be easy enough to confirm … :+1:

come to think of it, do we have a similar report? paging @Relyss, @Teleros:smile:

Not one about this particular bug (I think :stuck_out_tongue: ). A quick search turned up nothing for me at least.

Haven’t had this issue in 1665 yet, so hopefully we can close it (wait and see I guess) :slight_smile: .

1 Like

This was my first bug report, and IIRC, my first post. It’s been a long while.

That said, in 2494, the undo button doesn’t remove furniture. Although it does remove windows, but it leaves a hole, unlike erasing the window, which removes the window and its hole.

1 Like

=0
oh, so that’s what I remembered that Tony fixed on a stream…

Thanks for checking again! Paging @Ponder for updates on this.

This bug was present in the version 2494, and since it was not mentioned on the changelog, I assume it still exists in 2513.

Undoing after placing a door on a wall removes the door but does not restore the wall - leaving a door-shaped hole that cannot be mended by any means.

Existance on the latest version not tested. Possibility or condition of reproduction not tested. Whether it goes same with various other types of doors not tested. Whether it appears when undoing window placement not tesed.

Unfortunately, I cannot use my PC right now, and would be glad if someone confirmed or denied the statements above.

Yep. Seen this. Also happens with windows.

@8BitCrab or whoever, feel free to merge whichever post with whichever thread.

Aww, didn’t see the similar topics screen… probably it does not show up if you’re accessing in mobile - no?

Meanwhile the bug correction, one way to restore the wall is to select it and change it’s material once then again to return the original one.

2 Likes

This is still present in the new version and if you try to put a window over the hole that the undo created it will spit out an error
(@Helldiver found this one, not my credit)

Hmm…do you (or @Helldiver) have a screenshot or save game for this? I haven’t seen any reports for this recently, I thought it had been fixed! :frowning:

Thank you Yosmo for posting this :smiley:

I didn’t replicate the error in the stream because I didn’t want to ruin the building I was making. I will replicate the error on the next stream.

1 Like

i got something similar : the window frame disappeared but it left a hole in the wall (need slabs tool to fill it)