Unable to Place Piles that have been stored in Containers

Summary:
If you have piles in a container, Hearthlings are unable to place them.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create at least one pile of any type.
  2. Create a storage container and set the filter to Any.
  3. Wait until the pile is placed inside the container.
  4. Using the Place Item function within the Build & Design menu, place your container-stored pile somewhere in the world.
  5. Observe the placement order go unfulfilled indefinitely.
  6. Realize there is now no way to undeploy your storage container because it is unable to be emptied.

Expected Results:
The pile to be placed as instructed.

Actual Results:
The pile is never placed.

Version Number and Mods in use:
A15 R549

2 Likes

so this issue is back? thought i read about it a while back :slight_smile:

I posted after piles came out about some usability and general UX issues around piles that started as a bug report and was revised after Yang had to explain how to use them.

This one is an actual bug condition, I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this; it’s been put into our bug-tracking system.

5 Likes

Summary:
Log piles can’t be taken out of chests by any method.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Craft a log pile
  2. Put it in a chest

Expected Results:
It can’t be taken out

Actual Results:
It still can’t be taken out

Attachments:
Link here

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 15 release 549, no mods in use

System Information:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

My carpenter had no problem taking it out of a crate to make a market stall. Hmm not sure what could be wrong here.
Have you tried to make a stockpile next to the chest and set the chest to “except nothing”? but it does fall under a weird category… it not under wood, irc it goes in to furniture.

I had the same issue with the masons second crafting station, they just would not pick it out of a container to place it down. the above “fixed” it.

1 Like

Sounds like it might be the same as this:

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/unable-to-place-piles-that-have-been-stored-in-containers/21136

This bug is current as of today’s alpha branch on steam.

I did find a workaround though: if you deselect the container’s “wood” setting, such that log piles are no longer valid for placement in that container, the hearthlings will instantly build the pile.

1 Like

I definitely see this as well in A16. Also, the Herbalist’s tonics can’t be triggered while in a storage container (strength, stamina, courage) which is a similar problem.

@megashub, pretty sure this is resolved?

Pretty sure, yes. I haven’t re-run this test world since the fix was added, but we can always re-open it if it rears its head again.

3 Likes