[Con] UI can be scrolled

Continuing the discussion from

Scrolling up indeed shifts the entire UI up; scrolling down fixes it. I get that this is a result of the way the UI is rendered, but it didn’t used to happen, so there ought to be a fix.

Also, this behavior stops when I paused and unpaused… what could cause that?

so, is your report similar in nature, or identical… just on the latest build?

Really, it’s identical. You may have been a bit hasty with closing that thread.

well, the user who reported it said it was fixed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

regardless, we’ll keep yours here as the current report… :+1:

1 Like

I can also confirm that bug, ad as far as I can tell, this happens because the UI extends beyond the screen size. This can be easily seen with a big, red, angry error log (the big ones ;)), when you move it to the bottom of the screen and start scrolling, or by selecting a trapper with items in the inventory, as the item count is shown below their “change job” button (for whatever reason).

1 Like

Bumping, still affects current version 2310 or whatever it is XD. Scroll in and out and the ui breaks from the bottom of the screen.

2 Likes

Every so often the game GUI shifts up or down as seen here, that gap, then the whole thing will shift back into normal postion

I don’t know what causes it but happens a lot, and it doesn’t seem to affect game play other then making me think the Doc goofed on the eye surgery :grin:

All drivers are current.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Alienware R4
Intel® Core™ i7-4820 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70GHz
16GB RAM
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 760 (2)

1 Like

It happens when you use your mouse wheel. It literally tries to scroll the GUI.

2 Likes

One of the test builds a a few versions ago, when the screen shifted, it had something called a backpack 0/8. When you placed the cursor over it, it said it was a safe place to store thongs. What was that about?

1 Like

If that was what it really said, I’m almost sure it was a spelling error. I think they meant things.

…I don’t think Radiant is planning on adding thongs to the game, but I might be wrong. [@Ponder? @sdee? Why did you leave a backpack under the screen and did you really want to store thongs in it?]

3 Likes

nope, thongs… absolutely, positively thongs

when @Geoffers747 and I were inducted into the SHSS (Stonehearth Secret Society), we each had the opportunity for one request… this was @Geoffers747’s … some may call it frivolous… I call it genius

yes, of course it was supposed to say “things”!

:smile:

8 Likes

Hey, I thought a thong holder that only held 8 thongs was weird too, but hey, to each their own…

1 Like

Whilst I dislike derailing threads, I can never pass up the opportunity to show off my incredibly diverse and magnificent thong collection.

I’ll upload some pictures later.

3 Likes

Hello.

When playing in build Release-256 (x64) this bugg appers.

The scrolling UI appers when you have a item/object/person targeted that gets a “extra button” like, Move item, Undeploy, Change Jobb, in the left corner of your screan in the “target bar”.

If however you target a item, or nothing at all, and the “target bar” is eampty, you can scroll and nothing move.

as a new user I can not uppload a picture to show more helpfull information, but I hope you understand.

1 Like