Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords

And don’t forget the slime trail!

1 Like

If they do, awesome. If not I plan to learn Lua some point or another[quote=“Roughshod, post:298, topic:2330”]
any chance of that llama .qmo getting uploaded?
[/quote]
Well see.

I have a few ideas, these are actually 2 parts. the outer shell you can see and a darker core. I figure I can just make the core move a little more than the outside. Giving the '“jello” effect desired.

so like minecraft slimes

A little bit, I have other little details planned

LIVESTREAM @ 2EST

I’m really bored today so, livestreaming it up here boss. No clue what I’m going to do. See you in 2 hours.

1 Like

Surely to animate, could you not split them into 1 voxel layers, so you have 1 layer per voxel high it is. Then make them overlap upon landing, so as to squash down? Edit: What I meant by the layers is that everything 1 voxel high from the ground counts as one layer, then every voxel one above that counts as the next, etc.

I know they can overlap when rotating, I don’t know if you can do this. Something about a bone per layer and something else intelligent.

Gee, I should really actually get Blender or watch some tutorials. I’ve probably just made myself look like a complete idiot. As for the stream, my immaculate attendance record shall have to be broken, I have a 5-a-side loss game to play. Then food. I plan to watch the archives, have fun! :smile:

Going live in 5 minutes.

UPDATE:

Okay,I have news. It’s good and bad.

Firstly, I will be starting my new job in about 2 weeks. So yay.

This is mean a drastic decline in how much I can put out on the comic, but it also means I can purchase a better computer. While I’m not going to be working on Qubicle or Renders I will be working on the Story aspect still. While working I am going to be doing a Game Development course at a near by college, if I don’t do People with Swords in this manner, you can expect it in another.

3 Likes

Sadness. And bitterness. All is lost, all is done. Like the golden age of dwarves.

More people have liked this than my submission to the writers giuld…

Even more sadness. And bitterness. All my dreams are lost, all of my job is done.

5 Likes

UPDATE:

After nearly 2 months of delay, Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords is back! With an all new idea and concepts to add onto the story and make the world MUCH more of a living place! I’m sorry for the lack of updates, I have been uber busy! Between helping out Grand-master of Awesome @Pepe with the Glowstonehearth Minecraft Server and being in and out of the hospital I haven’t had too much time to work on anything but the writing. although I have some pretty interesting ideas that will hopefully get the series back on it’s feet.

First off, the setting has gotten a massive overhaul! I’ve changed the world COMPLETELY, even will be drawing up a map for a future endeavor, as well as a character story overhaul.

First BIG Announcement, due to my current technical issues I can no longer generate all of the land and set pieces in Qubicle (awwwwwwwwww) but I have come up with a interesting and awesome alternative.

Now you may be thinking, Why is a picture of Minecraft on the People with Swords thread? Have you lost your mind?

Well, after the project took it’s break I felt like I was using too much energy building sets in Qubicle I knew I wasn’t going to be able to use. So, after @Pepe said he’d start up a minecraft server I got an idea.

“What if I built the world in Minecraft, but used my character models instead of the minecraft models?..”

I fell in love with the idea, and started planning. That picture was taken TODAY on the mc.glowstonehearth.com Minecraft server! You can actually walk in this city on the server and is still under construction. Not only will this save me a lot of time but I can get other to help me out as @Pepe already has.

The 2nd BIG announcement of the day, We are returning to web series! This is NO longer a comic, but and animated series once more! Now this means a few things, of course.

1. Since this is a series again it’ll take some time.
  2. I will need some money for voice actors and better equipment
  3. IT WILL BE SO AWESOME!!!

The only real issue I have now is that I don’t have funds to make the series as great as I want it to be, and I have a few options on how to get the funding I need and I would like some input on my choices of if anyone can come up with anything else.

1. I could take a second job. This would increase the time the series takes to produce.
  2. I think Kickstarter or another site like Kickstarter is an option, not my favorite but it’s there
  3. Donations, basically the same as kickstarter but it’d be more direct (this is merely to cover all bases, this isn’t even an option for me)

I’m going to try to start uploading some animation tests to Youtube Weekly from now on. this way people will know this series is still being made and I’m still trying to push content to your guys.

The only way this series is going to be a success is if I have enough confidence to know people are excited and hyped to see the story and vision I have for this series pans out. I will need some support from the community to keep me going on the project.

People with Swords, is alive though! HUZZAH! I look forward to bringing the series to life!

Working hard,
Pandemic

4 Likes

i wish i could offer some words of encouragement, but your enthusiasm speaks for itself… cant wait to see what you produce! :smile:

1 Like

Sounds exciting! Can’t wait to watch it! Post the link to your first episode when it’s done! :smiley:

UPDATE!!!

Alright, so today I spent a good 4 hours on the server building up the city a little. The big progress I’ve made today is this beautiful little test shot :wink:

This is a low-poly model of my singleplayer world in Minecraft, I exported it from the game as a obj. I’m kinda liking the look I have here, the fences and gates are nice but there are supposed to be leaves on the roof. I’m going to continue to fiddle around with export settings and other dohickies to get some textures in there, though it looks very Stonehearthy now so I might just get a simple green block to act as leaves.

Tommorow’s goals are too finish the first section of the city, figure out setting for minecraft exports and to give you fine people a character in this shot with some basic props.

Still working hard,
Pandemic

4 Likes

UPDATE:

I’ve been pumping out some updates a lot because I’ve gotten a lot done in the past few hours. Today I have an update on the setting progress!

Sadly the render is too large for Discourse to have on it, so shortly after this update goes live I’ll be posting it on my DeviantArt account. Found a good way to change the colors of the materials got some settings worked out and put a old posed file in there so I’ll look familiar to long time watchers.

Aside from the I was on mc.glowstonehearth.com server about 20 minutes ago doing work on Thalos, good to say the set for the trailer will be ready by hopefully the end of the weekend, maybe a bit longer :stuck_out_tongue:

Still going at it,
Pandemic

1 Like

@Pandemic

About the voice actors, you could hire just a few of your friends who are willing to do the job for free.

I am taking a look into voice acting, sadly all of my friends are midterm into college and university they are extremely busy. I am looking into alternatives though

How did export stuff from minecraft into qubicle?

Quick Update:

Emotion Test animation, I have fixed some of it but heres the video

2 Likes

clever! im not entirely sure thats how radiant is pulling it off though, is it?

either way, very nicely done… :wink:

No, it’s probably not the same way. However, still looks much more different if the fellows get some emotions. Nice.