[Resolved] SGT Bug: !readPending_ error message when launching

Now filing as a bug under the Bug Report category.
Continuing the discussion from The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread:

4 Likes

Same here -
at the first version: after multiple clicks it´s starts
at the second version: it doesn´t open - everytime the same issue
CPU : AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Motherboard Asrock: ALiveNF6G-GLAN
Memory: 8192 MBytes
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 x86 (Ramfix installed)
Language: German
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024

I had this error message the first time I launched the game, and it closed right after that.
But the second time I tried opening the game, it didn’t show this message and executed normally. Well, it’s stated in the development blog, that shows up every now and then :sweat:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit OS)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400
2.26 GHz 2.27GHz
RAM 3GB
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

ok first positiv response: with the compatibilty resolution of 640 x 480 it has started ^^
second information: normal resolutions downgrad to 800 x 600 doesn´t work :frowning:
third information: full reverse - also the compatibility doesn´t work now :blush:
fourth information: also tested on windows 7 without ramfix …same issue -.-

hmmm should i change my system to x64 and try it again? or do they want to know if it will works on the normal x86 / x86 ramfix system?

thanks for all the additional tests… im sure these are good data points for radiant! :+1:

it might be an interesting test, but that shouldnt be necessary… it should work on x86 and x64 alike… at least, i think it should… :smile:

some additional feedback/system specs:

2 Likes

sooooo after i have change my power supply and change my os to windows 8.1 x64 it works ^^ no compatibility mode or admin setting :wink:

2 Likes

wow! talk about going the extra mile! :smile:

still, another interesting data point (given that an OS change seems to have remedied your problem)… thanks for the update… :+1:

1 Like

you know that i love you and that i will do everything for you :wink:

soo after the finishing of this issue i must now decide if i play T&S or Starbound ^^ but none of my german friends wants to play starbound with me :frowning:

1 Like

for what its worth, Starbound has been stealing an ungodly amount of time from me… its evil… e-v-i-l

2 Likes

Flagging for @not_owen_wilson

Don’t be surprised if it you see it again. 'Tis not an OS thingy, or a power-supply thingy, but rather the dreaded Race Condition thingy. But after a long and protracted battle that was entirely like the Balrog/Gandalf tangle in LoTR, I have slain the mighty !readPending_ error! I think. It might return during the next planetary alignment, though. Until then, I will wait–with sword in hand…

5 Likes

I had no idea! You need to wear more white and stand in front of light sources.

3 Likes

such wonderful prose… i knew there was a reason i liked you, beyond your flair for fashion, and penchant for origami…

congrats on the bug, squashed with extreme prejudice… :smile:

shall we mark this as [Resolved] then?

1 Like

@not_owen_wilson to memorialise your epic battle I drew you a picture.

Please cherish it.

@sdee in case you see this first please inform Chris that his masterpiece is complete.

4 Likes

best. desktop. evar.

1 Like

I dunno, I’m not too happy with the lava, doesn’t look quite right.

YOU. SHALL NOT. CRASH!

(One day, I hope to attain the level of Photoshop mastery you’ve so aptly demonstrated. Or is that a 3DS-Max rendering? I can’t even tell. /humbled)

4 Likes

To the untrained eye I can understand why you think that, but it’s really incredible the detailing you can get using Microsoft Paint, it’s quite an underused tool but is extremely powerful.

Here’s a really great guide about how to get started with paint,

It’s aimed for beginners but you’ll be able to pick up some tips, and after a few months perhaps you’ll be producing such high quality works.

Let me know if you need any pointers,

Forever yours,

Big G.

1 Like