RP and RepeatPan's mods

Proper protocol: Berry trees are harvested for berry wood which carpenters extract berries from.

For science! :bomb: :globe_with_meridians: :volcano: :scroll: :electric_plug:

Anyways that’s probably enough thread hijacking :wink:

3 Likes

RP will not receive an update to Alpha 2 Release 48.

The changes are not too grave, as far as I can tell, and it would probably be possible to wrap up another experimental update - but I feel like it’s time to let it go.

I’m currently looking through the changes (including new neat things, a few obscure ones and lots of tostring elimination) and once that’s done, I’ll work on getting Jelly done. Hopefully, I have RP functionality in Jelly within a few hours and after that I can re-write the mods somewhat easily.

Hopefully.

##Edit:

After taking a careful look, there wasn’t anything at all that was breaking in specific. A small change in the event system broke timers and rp_alternate_naming, but it was nothing serious.

I’m not going to wrap up smods for these things, but (slightly broken) zip files are available on GitHub.

1 Like

Does this not work with Alpha 3 then? (Build 92)

Officially, no. Inofficially, I’ve updated most of the mods but do not provide new .smod releases. You can download the zip from GitHub and extract it to /mods and it should work. If it doesn’t, give me a call. I don’t test all of the mods all the time, just the ones necessary. I can confirm that RP, rp_console, rp_time_is_money and rp_developers_:dreams work fine, whereas rp_spawnstuff is broken because of the menu (somewhat obvious, eh) change and I haven’t looked into that yet.

I tried to install RP (-rp.smod, rp.smod and zzz_zp.smod) with and without other mods and it just say at the ‘loading mods’ screen for 5 minutes…

Is this the correct link? Release r3399 · Quit/RP · GitHub

When I start it up I get the error: error 1: attempt to call a nil value

Yeah, as I’ve said, the .smods are not uptodate and probably won’t be. You can just download the .zip from GitHub (“Download zip”, not a tagged release) and extract it to /mods, which is about the same.

Could you pass me the link please? I cannot find it anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s literally on the GitHub repository site (on the right, below the “Clone in Desktop” button and the cloning links), RP and RP-Mods. I’m not sure if those direct links work outside GitHub.

Do I just puts those folders into the mods folder or do I have to do something else to them? (Im new to Stonehearth modding)

Just put the folders into the same directory as you would have the .smods, then make sure that it’s extracted correctly. Each mod should have something like mods/{modname}/manifest.json.

Will they get extracted automatically or will I have to extract them?

You have to extract them yourselves. It’s either folders or .smod, the game doesn’t know a third way.

I have the three RP mods and the workforce mod and every time I load my game the loading mods screen comes on and restarts the game and It does it every time I load the game. So I have tried creating a new world and it just takes forever; 5 minutes in and its created 25% (on the blue load bar)

Ah indeed. I forgot to push a change regarding the faction service. Download rp and rp-mods again and it should work. I’ve updated rp_workforce too, so that’s another mod that works.

I have directly downloaded them as a zip from the repos and its still the same issue.

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn’t work, post your stonehearth.log and, if available, stonehearth_mod.log, stonehearth_mod_server.log

It still didn’t work:
stonehearth.log (16.8 KB)
stonehearth_mod.log (1.8 KB)
stonehearth_mod_server.log (1.9 KB)

Is this just happening when you load a save or when you start a new game too? The log files look clear.

It works fine creating a new game however loading/continuing games does the problem I said above

Oh, very well. I never tested it with save games and to be honest, I have no clue how the saving system works (as I haven’t looked at it yet).

Soo… I suppose it doesn’t work with save games. As it’s more or less deprecated (and as far as I can tell, aside from us two unused - with me never having touched save games so far) I doubt that I’ll add support for saved games.

It’s weird though, because at the point you’re in the main menu, all mods should be loaded. Unless they load the mods again at that point, which could explain why RP’s screen pops up and hangs.