RP and RepeatPan's mods

The selection colour isn’t missing. It’s black though on dark grey, change the background colour and it should be more obvious. I’ve got no idea why the if (rp && rp.log) isn’t working, it works fine for me, you’re right that it’s dangerous-ish but as long as you don’t radically change the behavior of rp.log I should be fine. I could fix the delay between the letter appearing and the caret moving but it would just be by moving the lag to when the character appears so everything is laggy. I’m not sure why it’s so laggy though as it’s firing on keydown.

Okay, let me rephrase it: Selecting stuff by mouse isn’t working. Using shift and the arrow keys works. I still think that mouse input in general seems to be broken (since the mouse wheel doesn’t work either).

if (not_defined && not_defined.undef) => [01/29/14 11:27:53] [JS] ERROR: http://radiant/zzz_rp/~rp.js:77: Uncaught ReferenceError: not_defined is not defined

Since you can’t see JavaScript errors without RP, it’s obvious that you can’t see it. It does, however, throw an exception - it’s just eaten by the game.

I could make a workaround for the mouse selecting. It would probably be easier to beg radiant to fix it soon though and less laggy as well. According to the internet it should throw an error so I guess I learnt something. Swapping it to if (window.rp && rp.log) will fix it though as js gives undefined for calls to undefined keys even though it’s exactly the same logically.

Plenty of workarounds yepp.

I’ve added rp_diy_trees and rp_console to RP-Mods and have merged everything back into the master branch. The json provided by @phoriist had three major errors (that their json parser doesn’t recognize, err…) that I’ve fixed too.

That means that the current version - 2705 - is somewhat official-ish. I’m currently thinking about improvements to SteveCannon and my own web interface for mods (to be less dependant of GitHub). One idea would be that instead of just specifying an URI, the SC entry could be an object à "steve_cannon" : { "master" : "http://localhost/master.json", "beta" : "http://localhost/beta.json" } which would then allow users to choose (per-addon, perhaps global) which “branch” they would like to be on. This would allow a similar approach to what the Steam betas currently are; you can opt-in for quicker updates (which might be less stable, however).

The web interface that I’m planning to do would likely be using GitHub hooks (or something like that, I vaguely remember something about it) to provide such a service. For example, every time I commit something to one of my mods, it would then pull the changes from GitHub, zip it to a smod file and change the beta.json - that way you could always have the most up-to-date version of the mod without messing around with git or updating - simply by using SC.

The next step could be that SC saves its progress into a local database which could be accessed by the game/lua (for example in the mod overview thing that I have yet to code).

It seems like an awful lot for something that could break in the next update and will get obsoleted sooner or later anyway. Remember the whole no io thing will happen very soon. What were the errors the parser missed? Since I thought json parsers were fairly simple.

The whole SteveCannon stuff, however, will likely remain for a while. A long while. So that’s not going to be wasted effort. I agree, however, that a mod interface stuff will likely wait until the update hit.

It isn’t difficult to parse, the problem is that the parser accepts invalid json. For example, [ "foo" "bar" ] is accepted and parsed as { "foo\"\"bar" }, the same way that [ "foo", "bar", ] or { "foo" : "bar", } are both accepted - but invalid.

Righto. In case you’ve missed the Panicle spectacle, rp_trains.

Now I’ve been asked to “make the train go around”. Sure enough, easy to do… In theory. Sadly, the whole moving APIs are not exactly obvious (to be honest, I’m not sure if that’s even possible) and I can’t write my own because stonehearth:gameloop is called five times a second. 5 FPS isn’t going to cut it. At all.

However, some progress is still progress so I’ve pushed a little update to the console. Mainly squashed some bugs and introduced a neat feature. The console’s default color is now grey(-ish), just like the clock at night (or rather, exactly like that). If RP is snatching the input - for whatever reason - then the console becomes yellow again. Therefore, it’s obvious to see whether your commands are going to be ignored by the game UI or not. Currently, this only affects console dragging/resizing and typing.

Another “neat” feature is the command aliasing; commands can register themselves under multiple names. That way, “select_entity” is shortened to “se”, “set_pos” to “sp”, et cetera.

I think at this point it’s really a feature freeze until the update hits however. I’ll focus on Panicle (as long as that is still going), Steve Cannon and Steve Cannon’s secret web counterpart.

5 Likes

Spork exams. I am finally back!

I have printed all available names from AltNam and I have started checking in search for replacements.

About one mention at me - looks like I should get any JSON parser. D:

EDIT:
I finished printing data to check.

• 6 pages of available male names
  • 5 pages of available female ones
  • 23 pages of available surnames
    Just… wow o.o
    But I have 4-5 free days before the last exam on this exam session, so I think I will complete at least one of the ‘pack’. :slight_smile:
1 Like

Personally, I just throw the json at http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com - it seems to do a solid job.

2 Likes

I kind of said that it was enough now, but I think since the patch won’t come this week, I might as well expand rp_diy_trees a bit.

So approximately in 2-3 hours I’ll be doing a stream in which I’ll get stuff done for once. For real. No messing around with JS or HTML, this time it’s just lua.

The idea would be to do something similar to what @Miturion has - namely, wheat. I’ve prepared the models for that already. I’ll use the rp_diy_trees:growable component with a few callbacks.

The general idea would be to have wheat, which can be planted, grows, can be harvested and then yields seeds and wheat. Wheat can be turned into bread, quite primitive at first (no workshop, just an action). Since mixintos are coming “soon”, I don’t see a reason to implement proper profession adding into RP.

If that works, which I hope it should rather quickly, I’ll move on to adding apples to trees. This could be a challenge, as I don’t think stonehearth:renewable_resource_node supports multiple resources. Perhaps we’ll have to write our own for that case - eh.

1 Like

that just screams “nerd movie trailer”… i love it… :smile:

if i can manage to get to an off-network machine, i’ll try and tune in for sure!

meh, why dont you say. I already have that. With working stages and grain / seed harvest on different stages with diy_trees. I did not upload it cause of next update. It just need some finishing touch with naming etc.

2 Likes

Using the rp_diy_trees:growablecomponent? Well, aww. Change of plan then, we’re going for apple trees.

Yes, I will send you.

Not necessary - I just thought it was something that could be done.

I’ll aim for the apple trees then, which might be a bit more difficult.

alrighty. :smile: **

It might get a bit delayed, but here’s the new program:

• Quick show off of my amazing Minecraft skills and convertion to .qb using Panicle
  • Creating an edible apple entity
  • Figuring out some locations for apples on trees using rp_console
  • Adding apples to all trees with a script test-wise
  • Creating a fruit_tree component which handles spawning of fruits on a tree and adding the apples to that. We’re going to copy renewable_resource_node with a few modifications.
  • Add something to RP: A command callback which sends an AI to an entity, then executes an action (for example, simply the “do stuff with my hands”), then executes a function on a component of said entity.
  • Add a command to fruit_tree which uses the new callback we just made to pick the fruits.
  • Use RP’s timers to respawn the fruit.
  • Upon creating the world, add the apple component to random trees. Perhaps try to “localise” it, i.e. have apple trees standing next to each other.

Bonus points would be

• Adding of pears, oranges or something like that
  • Change the sapling system a bit so apple trees yield apple tree saplings. Likely requires a modification of rp_diy_trees.

I’ll simply edit/post something 5-10min before the stream would start.

Edit: Due to time constraints I’ll move it to tomorrow. Perhaps 24h from now? Somewhere around there. I mean, you could propose times too, I’m kind of flexible.

##Screw it, we’re live in 10min (17:45 UTC?).

ahh! i have a this fairly ugly project at work (which i have the honor of leading), and have had a good portion of my free time taken away… the nerve!

what’d i miss? are we harvesting apples yet? :smile:

I’ve done nothing yet, it’s starting in ~8min. I’ve managed to get some free time and the evening seems to be more active than the morning.

Also, I don’t want to steal Tom’s show tomorrow, so this seems fairly ideal.

Aaand liive! Twitch

Over for now, real life calls. I have some issues with properly placing the apples though, so I’ll have to write the openscript command… Oh joy.

20:00 - For the fun of it, I’ll continue streaming, but without commentary. I’ll be reading the discourse and the chat though.

21:04 - My access to Twitch seems to be dead. We were pretty close though, trees could spawn some fruit and then remove it again - i.e. what the berry bush does by switching its model we could do with all entities.

However, harvesting is a different story. Because trees already use the harvest slot for gathering shoots, this… wasn’t possible. I’m not sure how to solve it; I mean, to solve it properly I would need… to… mess around with pathfinding, AI and all that stuff that’s going to be obsolete in the next patch.

On the bright side, I’ve added some sort of openscript, so that’s some progress. So…

[X] Quick show off of my amazing Minecraft skills and convertion to .qb using Panicle
[X] Creating an edible apple entity
[X] Figuring out some locations for apples on trees using rp_console
[X] Adding apples to all trees with a script test-wise
[~] Creating a fruit_tree component which handles spawning of fruits on a tree and adding the apples to that. We're going to copy renewable_resource_node with a few modifications.
[ ] Add something to RP: A command callback which sends an AI to an entity, then executes an action (for example, simply the "do stuff with my hands"), then executes a function on a component of said entity.
[ ] Add a command to fruit_tree which uses the new callback we just made to pick the fruits.
[ ] Use RP's timers to respawn the fruit.
[ ] Upon creating the world, add the apple component to random trees. Perhaps try to "localise" it, i.e. have apple trees standing next to each other.

That’s about as far as I can go, reasonably.

why did you have to do this…now continuing work on MY mod is pointless.
I was planning to add many kinds of fruit eventually…Lua is a fun little scripting language.

Note that my apple tree was actually its own entity… I removed berries because i wanted to make them spawn seperately.

I was trying to figure out how to go about this…