RP and RepeatPan's mods

And I bore you once again with a new update that brings you absolutely zero new features! Hooray for zero new features.

If the current update proves stable, it will be the end of r2699 and I’ll merge it into the master branch. I’ve removed rp_proxies and rp_merge_names and instead provide some functionality in RP directly. I’ve added a bunch of events (which can be read in world_generation.lua/population_faction.lua) which allows mods to do their stuff without modifying existing classes. Well, almost; world generation is a bit tricky but I’ll see what the Radiant guys and gals had in mind.

So in this update, modding got a bit easier in the sense that mods can slightly better co-exist without modifying core elements (which RP does now) - at least for factions. World generation is, as I’ve said, kind of a heavy topic that I have no need in diving in yet - if anyone needs a specific event he can give me a call and I’ll add it, but so far there seems to be no need.

In case you downloaded the previous r2699, you should be able to Steve Cannon everything but RP (which was renamed to -rp, rp and zzz_rp - curses!). Due to the odd way files seem to be loaded (smod files are loaded and executed, then directories are loaded and executed), it is necessary that you extract at least zzz_rp when working with an extracted stonehearth.smod/extracted mods. Otherwise, stuff won’t happen/bad stuff will happen. I really hope we get some proper mod loading soonish.

That being said I’ll take a break for a few hours (or today, we’ll see) and then try my luck at providing some sort of “harvest” button that allows you to spam-click trees/bushes. That shouldn’t be too hard with all the APIs I have in place now.

You can get RP r2701 here and RP-Mods r2701 here. As with r2699, they’re not compatible to mods written for r2300 or earlier.