RP and RepeatPan's mods

Right, since I’ve had a vision that the next Alpha is not coming next week (or, by releasing this I am summoning it - who knows) I’ve decided to Mann Up and finish 2699.

The result is quite nice, I would say. You can grab the three .smod files for RP here and the updated mods here. To enjoy the loading screen that I have made using my amazing art skills and witty writing skills (and not just by copying phrases from a very well known game), just download rp_delay and see ten seconds of completely true facts in a loading screen that has HACKS written all over it.

There’s a high chance all this gets obsolete with the next update; but oh well. The next step would have been to switch mods from pcall to coroutines and allow mods to be loaded in some sort of “deferred” way too; therefore allowing the GUI to show progress on the lua side of things as well.

Nobody has that bad of a machine and/or mods are not that expensive yet, however, so I doubt it would have been of much use. But still. Loading screen. :expressionless: I would even go as far as to say that mine’s better in the sense that it doesn’t throw messages at you you can’t possibly read because it’s switching so fast - also, because fade effects. Yes.

Edit: Since I am supposed to be bold and clear, the changes that are in this preview are about the following:

• JS is now loaded after lua (if the mod was written for such) and follows all rules lua mods were following so far: Require, before, requests and of course disabled.
  • Yepp, you can disable JS mods now in your rp.json/user_settings.json.
  • The mods are loaded in a loader, which is shown before the main intro. This also gives mods a great opportunity to mess around during post-Stonehearth, but pre-execution (minus ShellView’s initialization).
  • There’s no music in this loading screen. Not just because it would annoy me and make it really impossible for mods to stop, but also because it would be unfair to play it before the intro was shown.
  • Did you know? r2699 has a loading screen implemented which contains over 5019 “Did you know?” facts.
  • The loading screen is not defective.