R450 Suicidal hearthlings

All of my hearthlings are in the process of running to the goblin camp to get slaughtered. It started as a bug that caused my footman to be unresponsive, I couldn’t get him to attack the camp or even move. I saved and rebooted and then started getting notifications of deaths. I just watched two more run to the goblin camp for no reason. Stand still and then start to flee when they notice the goblins. The goblins then chase them down and kill them. I haven’t had any error popups or other unusual activity

Screenshot of the campaign browser. A lot of it is overlapping but hopefully you guys can make something of it lol.

Edit: I watched closer while a few more died. They are running uncontrollably to the goblin firepit. It’s daytime and I’m at war with the goblins. The only way to prevent them running to to put every one of them in a party and keep the attack flag in my camp. As oon as I turn the attack flag off they immediately begin to run towards the goblin camp :\

Second edit: letting it run it’s course to see if it will naturally resolve itself. Down to 5 hearthlings from 14

Third edit: my trapper was around the campfire with the other remaining hearthlings when goblins approached the fence line. As soon as the music changed, the trapper got up and ran to them. Trapping area is in the exact opposite direction, no resources to harvest that direction either. He just ran up and cowered until they killed him

1 Like

(sorrowful bagpipe music plays) We grieve the loss of ten of the fourteen inhabitants of the Hearthling Village, Waterton. Pictured here are the only survivors of what is now being called, “The Waterton Massacre”.

1 Like

hmm… this kinda reminds me of the bug with the goblin firepits…

2 Likes

I was thinking the same…but the firepits aren’t lit and the goblins aren’t passive lol. I started a new town so watching to see if it happens again

1 Like

Was there anything in the goblin camp that belonged to you? For example, could they be trying to restock a sword dropped by a slain footman? Feel free to post/send the save to contact@radiant-entertainment.com

2 Likes

There was nothing in the camp until they killed the first tradesman. The hearthlings began running for it shortly after the camp spawned. It was the initial camp after the goblin in the fancy hat swaggers into town. Sending the save, attn: Stephanie

@Boulderboy, thank you so much for the save. It looks like, for whatever reason, your guys wanted to hang by the Goblin firepit, instead of their own. Fixed on my machine (but with what side effects? Dun dun dunnnnn.)

3 Likes

Lol, the side effects are always the challenge. Everybody at Team Radiant is awesome, I’ve never seen a group so on top of the bugs and developement. :smiley:

4 Likes