Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

so far so good!

no, he cant be a salesman, he doesnt have a name tag.

2 Likes

Fine then. Heā€™s waiting for the next customer to come buy so he can mug them, and it just so happens the security guard is on break.

2 Likes

End of Day Update:

So Iā€™ve done a lot today, I originally had an entire other idea for the next render but I got Piano Man by BIlly Joel stuck in my head and needed to do a tavern! I used inspiration from that song, @Pepeā€™s tavern shot from way back when (My god Iā€™ve been here foreverā€¦) and a lot of FEP models :smiley: Figured Iā€™d update you guys now rather than tommorow cause thereā€™s some excitement for this one apparentlyā€¦

From the last time you saw it I added and took away stuff! The ā€œChairā€ Mugger has been removed because he was only for scale (btw his name is actually Killian, couldā€™ve just asked him but Noooooo) Heā€™s the bar owner.

I added chairs, kegs, a trapdoor (by the piano), a piano and bar stools! I\m still debating on where the goblin will beā€¦ but I have some nifty ideas for this one.

12 Likes

looking good!

[quote=ā€œPandemic, post:746, topic:5176ā€]
Figured Iā€™d update you guys now rather than tomorrow
[/quote]greatly appreciated!

is that so that if the hearthling playing is really bad at it they can easily dispose of them :laughing:

1 Like

Well hey, canā€™t have that now can we?

2 Likes

i just noticed the ā€œstandard bearersā€ in the festival render, thatā€™s an amazing idea!

2 Likes

UPDATE:

So, I am once again jobless. Crappy. Though now I can probably make more renders and a greater speed.

I updated my Patreon page. The render after The Tavern will be exclusive to supporters! Iā€™m not going to say go pledge to see them, I hate the fact that the public wonā€™t see all of them but if I ever want to do stuff like this more regularly or get People with Swords out of my head and into production, itā€™s sadly nessessary :confused:

5 Likes

dang mate, i feel bad for you :confounded:

[quote=ā€œPandemic, post:750, topic:5176ā€]
Crappy.
[/quote]not the first word to come to my mind, but then again, family friendly forums :wink:

Though now I can probably make more renders and a greater speed.
[/quote]well thats always good. for us at least, im not sure how it is for you.

I updated my Patreon page.
[/quote]if i get a job soon, iā€™ll make sure i support you.

2 Likes

It would be amazing for me! Iā€™m working on 3 -4 at a time. It keeps me busy and I love making them. Iā€™m jumping right back into 3D model classes tomorrow, FINALLY figured out how Iā€™m going to get past the Stonehearth animating issue for the series.

If I could make renders and animate for a living. That would be the best thing ever. Would never leave my computer XD

8 Likes

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t see the aforementioned trapdoor. Otherwise I love where this is heading.

2 Likes

Good luck and keep 'em coming! :smile:

6 Likes

RELEASE:

So, with FEP hopefully getting updated soon. I figured Iā€™d do a callback and a ā€œProof of conceptā€ that being Using mostly FEP furniture to fill a scene, as well as make a reference to @Pepe :stuck_out_tongue:

I made a Tavern, not so shiny as my friends but still a tavern. I hope you like it!

Goblin is chilling with the cook, Commander Miriya and Seth are arm wrestling cause why not, and Killian aka the Bar Stool Bandit!!!

You guys will get some previews for the next one, but release will be Patreon only! So still keep an eye out!

14 Likes

very nice! love the bartender :smile:

[quote=ā€œPandemic, post:755, topic:5176ā€]
release will be Patreon only!
[/quote]doh!ā€¦ guess i should get a job sooner rather then later :laughing:

Iā€™m debating it being a Timed Exclusivity :confused: I donā€™t like exclusive things.

2 Likes

I donā€™t wanna even know how the lantern got thereā€¦

Heā€™s a sore loser. Thats also how the mugs got there.

1 Like

Is commander Miriya gonna be our next reoccurring character?

The Sheperd, Blacksmith and Goblin along with all the faces from the Festvial will be reoccuring. I got tired of rebuilding new villagers to populate the place with so I decided to make a set of new ones that will be around! There are more but for now this will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

that would probably be best, it seems slightly unfair, to the original supporters, if someone supports, say a year, later and still gets all the ā€œgood stuffā€ from way back when.

i hope that made senseā€¦

[quote=ā€œPandemic, post:757, topic:5176ā€]
I donā€™t like exclusive things.
[/quote]me neither, but it does give me even more incentive to support you :wink:

1 Like

Not sure why but I find the final scene too dark/dullā€¦ or perhaps too monotonic? (because of the furniture color?)
What about adding 1 or 2 light sources to create some contrast?

1 Like