Pandemic's Art and Modding Corner! Bringing Pretty Back since 2017!

I’d like it if I could, but I’m all out. So take this for now! :heart:

1 Like

You should have a hearthian peaking around a tree, thief style.

5 Likes

im so excited for this one! i love the goblin thief, so this will most likely be my favorite.

you should put an oar in the water :smile:

1 Like

I am with you on this one I just can not do vary big or complex renders/animations on my laptop it does not even have a legit Graphics Card :frowning:

2 Likes

UPDATE:

Continuing on the Goblin Thief’s Hut, I’ve added some stuff here and there. Feel like it’s coming together.

Some of the stuff he’s stolen. The Boat and Minecart are there, I did end up switching the tree for a wolf cage that just happened to include the wolf for no additional cost.

Uploaded a majority of the renders to Steam as requested.

15 Likes

UPDATE:

So, I’ve been super busy with work and medical stuff so I won’t be able to make any progress till maybe the weekend. I apologize for the wait :confused:

5 Likes

[quote=“Pandemic, post:629, topic:5176”]
I apologize for the wait :confused:
[/quote] That is no problem at all!

4 Likes

UPDATE :frowning: :

I have news. I now have more time to work on renders… yay, for you guys. Downside? I just got laid off… again… for the 16th time in 2015. Thats like 3 or 4 jobs a month. It’s getting extremely frustrating and upsetting but nothing I can do :/. So I’ll be back in the fray.

8 Likes

i like (render) and dislike (laid off) your post ^^

3 Likes

Hope you get some luck in finding a stable job, we’re both gonna need it :wink:

5 Likes

@Pandemic what type of jobs are you going for?

6 Likes

you dont really want to know :wink:

1 Like

If you’re as much of a coffee junkie as myself, here’s a dream job I discovered after plunging into insurmountable student debt :blush:

3 Likes

@phector2004 i truly believe you are evil, why, why did you have to show me that! i love coffee so much, that is now my dream job…

3 Likes

[quote=“Pandemic, post:631, topic:5176”]
I just got laid off… again… for the 16th time in 2015. Thats like 3 or 4 jobs a month
[/quote] Dang! I hope you get one that works out soon!

2 Likes

Ugh, that sucks Pandemic. Hurray for a stable job environment eh? :stuck_out_tongue:
Good luck out there, looking forward to future renders.

4 Likes

Spent the night learning how to use @voxel_pirate’s animation import/export tool for Blender… and I figured out how to use it :smiley:

Sadly I just realized that the avi file type isn’t accepted by blender and the aspect ratio I rendered it in is too small for youtube… so you’ll have to wait… but things are moving and it’s awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Hope you did not need the whole night for that :wink:.

Nah, I’ve been at it for maybe an hour. I kept running into issues when you make the priorities or the naming wrong, so it gumbled the model into something from a horror movie. I figured it out though :slight_smile: Really well put together btw :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE:

I’m cancelling the Goblin Thief Home Render. Everytime I look at it and try to concept new ideas it’s all feeling very stale and extremely uncomfortable and it won’t turn out right if I keep feeling like that so I’m pushing it to the side and I’m gonna move onto a new one.

No idea what that one will be on, since I don’t have the cook assets I can’t hit the main topic for Alpha 11…yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but until it’s out I have to find something new to make. Give me your suggestions!

I might make another Display Picture Pack, or now that I have some experience in the blender addon I was thinking of adding custom Knife and Punching fighting animations and weapons into the game? I’ll need to find a coder still but It’s an idea.

2 Likes

TOTAL LEAP OF FAITH UPDATE:

SO, first of all sorry for double post but hell while I’m here.

“Bump”

Anyway, As I’ve said in this thread before I’m looking to get back into animation :wink: Guess what I’m doing today! I’ve decided I’ll be a little fun and animate small 30 second - 1 minute shorts of our little Goblin Thief pal doing stuff… hopefully funny stuff. Can’t guarantee I’ll do these often but I am having fun so far :stuck_out_tongue:

Something about Minecarts and the “All Powerful and Curious Goblin” doesn’t mix well. If this short does well enough I’ll do more, atm this is just a fun little break from renders and small enough for my PC to manage it.

14 Likes