[Discussion] - Build a Storehouse Template!

The official discussion thread for the storehouse template competition. For entry’s go here,

I moved a post to an existing topic: [Official Competition] - Build a Storehouse Template!

good grief! you work fast, and the template is really nice! excellent job! :+1:

1 Like

@SteveAdamo I started when he said let’s do a contest. I avoided deleting interior floor on the second floor. ( I believe deleting flooring after placing second floor walls might invalidate building templates as whenever i made a template with that it has been invalidated. on a side note you can still place those templates on top of trees)

3 Likes

I would have made my entry smaller and more compact to fit the start of a new game but that makes it hard to include a second floor. I suggest adding a ladder tool to the building designer.( would require fixing the issue of templates being invalid if indoors flooring has holes)

2 Likes

Looks cool! As for that ‘lean-to’ have you tried only using the slab tool? you can still save your creations as templates that way. As long as it’s not way over the top complicated you will be able to reuse it and have them build it.

Wow, @Sral92x… right with the first post, you put a very high standard that will be hard to beat.I will never feel comfortable with open-space storage anymore… ;o)

2 Likes

gorgeous stuff as usual my friend … :smile: :+1:

FYI - I’m commenting here to point out that we have that seperate thread setup to house discussions (and I’ll move the extraneous posts as soon as I’m off this blasted phone)… :blush:

2 Likes

You’ve inspired me to start adding jutting 3-block wall segments to my building corners! They all look great!

2 Likes

Some real nice buildings in here.

I’m glad someone told Tom in the Stream that those stairs were the cause of his problems. It’s the exact same thing I’ve been telling everyone with a building problem for the last month o.o

3 Likes

I love this so much… so very, very much… :smile: :clap:

2 Likes

okay, this one is the best, it allows for crates inside of crates!

2 Likes

Crate-ception!

The next step would be to carve out a larger version of the crate on a mountain, and then build either crate house inside of that!

Then you have crates, in a crate house, in a crate sculpture.

2 Likes

it will be done, my master… but not by me, im not that talented :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm this dual threadedness is confusing. My brain is only single-core.

@SteveAdamo, I wanted to know: when’s the deadline?! I’m up to my philtrum in work, and won’t likely be able to wade out of it until late this weekend.

1 Like

hahaha… too mentally taxing? :smile:

@Tom didn’t mention a specific deadline, but I am sure it can go for a good week or two… :+1:

3 Likes

heh, sorry it was my idea… but @SteveAdamo thought it was a good one, thats why i did it, so its actually his fault, not mine :wink:

2 Likes

Is it unfair to have more then one submission?

1 Like

Not to feed your ego… But! Any submission from you is unfair…So why stop with one :stuck_out_tongue:

No really, Your very good with Architectural design.

3 Likes

I have to disagree with @Soul

It’d be unfair to ONLY get one from you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes