[Ack] No UI and No Activity on Reload

indeed both are free, and googledrive uses a “google (gmail)” account

1 Like

I’m not too concerned about it. I have access to Googledrive if they want it but no point unless someone thinks it’ll help. I’ve never used any of those services so not overly familiar with how they work. I imagine it’s similar to our own FTP server but with a prettier interface and more user friendly security lol

I just got the same bug the other day. I saved this in a new file, so there is a version from a few (in-game) days back that is playable, but here I appear to have lost all UI and all my units are frozen, though I can move around the map.

1 Like

I have 2 nearly identical saves, one that loads and one that doesn’t, if it helps. Both day 3 without much going on.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7-6La2S6MXpfk9TYmxMZ0JzSUZMaFhHMmt5YjE1ZERWTi13ZDludFJfOUxEWU5FLW5lNHM&usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7-6La2S6MXpfjhhbTZQNFplZ3l3bHl3RjBqbFU1MTZuZFBwWVpwM09CQnA2d0xJRjA2RjA&usp=sharing

1 Like

me too… after 5 day and building my house

Paging @sdee and @Ponder

(although probably they’ve already seen the report)…

2 Likes

Here’s one with only 3 hearthlings and really not much going on:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7-6La2S6MXpfjBMTnBLQTF0d0RjR3dSWUJTNHl2TTE2bHRONHpWZXN3Qzk0aU9yZ1N3Wk0&usp=sharing

I feel like the farmers are to blame but I really can’t narrow it down. Unassigning workers seems like it helps ensure the save will load up ok.

1 Like

Don’t think it is farmers, had it happen to me within the first day no plots assigned. Had built a small building though, but later on managed to build the same one in the same place. Got a feeling it’s random and maybe something to do with reloads.

Hi,

I believe I’m having the same problem:

After loading a save file with ~14 Hearthlings, my game shows no UI and none of my Hearthlings are active. The game will then freeze while continuing to play the background music. Then after several minutes of this, my computer will freeze also.

This has happened on two separate save files with ~14 Hearthlings.

I am running dev2521 x64 with 2GB of RAM, a 3.1GHz processor, and a GTX650ti

(Edit: I can upload now! Thanks @8BitCrab.

Here’s the .log file: stonehearth.log (46.2 KB)

1 Like

hey there @jjjshab welcome to the discourse :smile:

if you upload the .log to a file sharing site, such as googledrive or dropbox, and provide us with the link that would work.

Just wanted to let you all know–thank you so much for all the saves, everyone. They’ve been incredibly useful. The bug has to do with an infinite loop in the firepit. We should have a fix for the symptoms in the next build, but @not_owen_wilson is still heroically looking for the source and finding some weird, ghost-story-spooky stuff. :slight_smile:

We love your proto-Moria, @GrillGuth!

5 Likes

Woohoo! I packed up the firepit in my new town as soon as the world was generated and loaded. NO ERRORS! (happy bum wiggle)

Not an ideal fix but it works until patch time :smile:

2 Likes

I managed to create a large town over the last few days and now I think the demand for pc power has left me unable to load my save. I load into the game and can see my village paused, move the camera and see the mouse cursor but the UI fails to load (without an error because I guess that’s more UI) and I can’t use hot keys. So im forced to look at my promising village frozen in time. :’(

PS: that little white highlighted object (lower right) is a worker head on the floor D:

1 Like

@Jimbob767, what version were you playing?
I merged here but the heads stuck in ground pertains to other bug that they fixed on latest, I think.

1 Like

I’ve had this exact problem happen on two towns now, but knowing it’s the firepit is cool, I can just get rid of that for now and see! :smile:

Ok, just happened on my latest town. I removed the firepit right away for this game and it still happened several hours in.

It seems to happen once the town has reached a certain size (number of Hearthlings and buildings etc).

is it worth me making the save & log file available?

this was latest :smile:

@sdee I placed a new firepit in an existing 2521 game, running in dev 2534. Within a few minutes I started noticing a drop in frames per second with lag spikes lasting several seconds. I had no builds going on or mining, I was just allowing my hearthlings to get caught up on gathering materials around the village from sheep and previous mining. I picked up the fire pit again to eliminate it as the cause and everything went back to normal. During the lag and frame rate drop there were major spikes in lua and pathfinder.

Edit: I started a fresh game in dev 2534 after this post. 4 game days in and it seems fine. I’ve abandoned the old save just to keep things consistant for all the devs. No sense trying to debug a bug that may only be present because of a change in dev builds

2 Likes

Just a thought. My game that was working just fine, with no firepit, and now it failed to load.

It just occurred to me that goblins had just established a nearby camp, with their own firepit.

and now the save fails… related?

Just got back from holiday, glad it got sorted out. Nice one Radiant. Tried the game and all saves loaded up with the UI, including one that did freeze.