Alpha 2.0 Trapper Bugs

Title:

Random X Appears When Trying To Trap Rabbits

Summary:

I was catching Rabbits when a large red X appeared and my mouse froze. It seems to happen when trying to trap Rabbits with the Snare Trap with the Trapper.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Order a Trapper to lay down Snare Traps and catch Rabbits

Expected Results:

I expected the Trapper to catch the Rabbits.

Actual Results:

A large X appeared, my mouse froze, and I couldn’t catch the Rabbits.

Notes:

I am running the newest version of SH

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:

Current version of SH and no Mods.

System Information:

Intel Inside CORE i7 Haswell Processor

Microsoft Windows 8.1

938981 MB Hard Drive Space

8014 MB RAM

Title:

Rabbits Suddenly Break Out Of Snare Traps When Off Screen

Summary:

I left some Snare Traps with Rabbits in them so I could work on making some Beds for my Settlers. When I got back to the Snare Traps, the Snare Traps were gone and the Rabbits broke free.

Steps to reproduce:

1.) Catch a fair amount of Rabbits in Snare Traps
2.) Leave the Traps offscreen and fiddle around for a while.
3.) Go back to Snare Traps and see if they have disappeared and if the Rabbits broke free.

Expected Results:

I expected the Rabbits and the Traps to stay there.

Actual Results:

The traps disappeared and the Rabbits broke free and roamed around the area.

Notes:

I am running the newest version of SH.

Attachments:

None

Versions and Mods:

System Information:

Microsoft Windows 8.1

8014 MB RAM

Title:

Camera Locks And Surrounds An Object When Near

Summary:

This has been going on for a long time, even before the release of the newest version of SH. Whenever I go near a rock or a tall tree, the camera locks and instead of turning 360 degrees like it should, it then starts to surround the tree or rock only.

Steps to reproduce:

Get the camera near a tree or rock and press Q or E

Expected Results:

I expected the camera to work normally.

Actual Results:

The camera locked on the objects and surrounded the object instead.

Notes:

I am running the newest version of SH

Attachments:

None

Versions and Mods:

System Information:

Microsoft Windows 8.1

8014 MB RAM

Title: Trapper Options Glitching

Summary: I was playing around with the trapper and was attempting to replicate the bug where you can harvest more animals than will fit in the bag, and the extra will disappear. However, when doing so, I managed to somehow semi-permanently stick a red “X” and crosshair to the ground, which resulted in scads of other glitchy behavior (multiple markers for the trapper to move to, inability to control camera) until I was able to disentangle myself from the trapper.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Promote a settler to trapper.
  2. Trap a full bag’s worth of animals.
  3. Select “option 2: set trap”, and attempt to trap an animal that is too far away so that you get the red “X”, not the crosshair.
  4. Select move, and put the marker close to where the “X” is
  5. Re-select “set trap”. If this worked, the “X” on the ground will become a richer shade, and trapper behavior will become glitchy. You’ll know it when you see it.

Expected Results: Trapper would move closer and then set a trap.

Actual Results: Movement markers and trap markers were set multiple times, semi-permanently, and camera couldn’t be controlled.

Notes: Sorry if this didn’t make much sense, it’s sort of difficult to describe exactly how it worked.

Attachments: Stonehearth Alpha 2 (r52): Trapper Bugs here’s a video, timestamp at around 5:30, if that’ll make anything clearer.

Versions and Mods: Alpha 2 r52, no mods

System Information: Windows 7, 64-bit OS, i7 processor, 8G of RAM

@martyrsvale, i merged your report here, as it serves a good confirmation to to one of @EpicDwarf’s…

@EpicDwarf, i think we’re going to split off the non-trapper related report into its own…

in the future, it would be helpful to have those entered individually… easier to keep track of, etc.

thanks! :smiley:

I’d prefer to say that EpicDwarf’s post served as confirmation to mine, since I posted first, but as long as Team Radiant knows about it it doesn’t matter! :smiley:

1 Like

you did indeed, and i apologize about that… i merged yours here, thinking @EpicDwarf had video footage to supplement his report… but you’re correct, as long as Radiant is aware, its a win/win… :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, and I’m sure @Tom would agree. cough cough