[MOD] Structures+ v0.4.5

@chessmaster42 Why , the rest of the place is not removed???My guess is that the cause of the wooden lamp.My guess is correct, bed and lamp, need to manually removed(unedploy).Or it will hinder the demolition of houses.

1 Like

Just released v0.2.0 and I finished up a couple things and added in a cool new feature :smiley:

Changes:

• Created command button artwork. No longer using default images
  • Added merge building command
    • Added command button with custom icon
    • Merges in connected buildings
    • Can be run multiple times to connect chained structures

The building merge will eventually be recursive and automatically merge in all connected structures in a chain but for now it only merges in ones directly adjacent. To connect chains simply keep clicking the merge button until all buildings are merged.

Hopefully this little addition will also help out all of the builders out there. Enjoy! :smiley:

2 Likes

May I be so bold and cross-promote this thread at this point? ^^

There’s a few new templates you might like. And I encourage everyone to post more! :smiley:

You never cease to amuse me with your mods. i really need to test this one!

1 Like

Version 0.3.0 is now out. This version is mostly bugfixing but also includes a custom effect instead of using the dead effect when a structure collapses. The version also updates the building merge to recursively combine buildings.

Changes:

• Added custom effect for structure collapse
  • Merge now runs recursively
  • Fixed a TON of bugs with calculating if a building structure was properly supported

Enjoy! :smiley:

Now taking suggestions! I’ve got the main features either complete or mostly underway for this mod and am looking for ideas from you guys. We know that @Ponder is already working on a number of things for buildings like the multi-story buildings and some overhaul (among other things) so what I’m looking for are things beyond the announced features on the trello board. No idea is too crazy because it all helps me organize what I’m going to work on next :smile:

And as always if anyone comes across bugs or weird things with this mod please keep letting me know!

EDIT:

Ideas

• Bigger, stronger and more complicated walls
  • Allowing demolition of walls piece by piece (useful for structural collapse as well)
  • Auto-queue parts for buildings into existing workshops
  • Lock/Unlock commands for doors and gates

Idea Sources

Just released version 0.4.0 and added some very nice new features:

Changes:

• Added new Building Settings UI
    • Buttons for structural integrity view, tear down, and merge have been moved here
    • Settings have been added to turn integrity on/off as well as turning the no-construction zone on/off
    • TONS more features and options will be added here in the future
  • Added locking functionality for doors and gates
    • Command button for locking/unlocking
    • Highlighted in red when locked
    • When locked will not open and are opaque to the pathfinder system
    • Will add more config to this later to allow certain groups or parties through but not others

I also improved the performance quite a bit in this update and tweaked a few things with structural integrity and collapse.

Enjoy! :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s great!!! If can use GIF demonstrate new features would be great! Video is better.

3 Likes

How do I put this mod into the game? there doesn’t seem to be a .smod file anywhere… do I just put the entire folder in?

1. You can download a zip file decompression, put into /stonehearth/mods

or

• Change “.zip” to “.smod” .But make sure your extension (suffix) is displayed.

Alright thanks, haven’t had a mod yet that didn’t have a .smod file and it confused me a bit. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, sorry about that being in just a zip file. I have an automated process setup to package and upload to google drive and it just zips 'em. I’ll try to remember to make future updates as a .smod to make things a bit easier :smile:

Any bugs or weirdness to report on it? I haven’t heard much feedback so I assume everything is working perfectly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m off to sleep now but I release a small update as v0.4.5. This update I made sure to put it out as a .smod file :wink:

Changes:

• Fixed missing building settings window title
  • Title is editable building name so you can rename buildings
  • Fixed doubled up lock/unlock buttons on doors and gates

Enjoy! :smile:

2 Likes

@chessmaster42 hi,I use you to make the mod, but I didn’t know the inside of the building “fusion” function of the actual use? Is my error?If you can, hope to be able to use GIF images introduce this feature

Hey, I’m guessing that English isn’t your first language, yes? I have no real idea what you’re trying to ask me :confused: . I can tell you’re asking something related to the building merge function maybe? That said I can at least explain the basic steps to opening the building config screen:

1. Open the Build mode but clicking the button on the main toolbar. This should highlight construction zones, incomplete buildings, etc. and allows selection of building structures.
  2. Select a wall, floor, column or roof of the building you wish to work with and click on the gear icon. This will open the building details window
  3. There are two tabs at the bottom. The first contains operations buttons and the second contains settings and a save button.

Now that you have that open you will see the merge button on the General tab. Once you click it you will get a confirmation dialog that once accepted will begin the merging process.

Hopefully that helps :smile:

For which game version is this mod? (Havent seen it in this tread, and the mod itself dosent contain a readme file)

I tryed it in Alpha 10.5 and it dosent seem to show up. On the other hand the changelog states there were sone sereous chnges in the building system, …

(I found this mod while searching how to add custom tools, because of [ Digging / "Slice height" ])

Oooh. I really like both the notion of a “demolish” button and merging buildings (as the least error-prone way I’ve found of making huge buildings still seems to be building them one floor at a time).

Just a question - any chance it’s possible to exclude roads from merging commands (maybe except for merging with other roads)? I’m guessing no, since I believe roads are basically a custom slab-building command, but it would be nice, since I don’t necessarily need my roads to be part of my houses. :wink:

It was last updated sometime before Alpha 10, so definitely incompatible now.

Thanks,
i just havent found the version info anywhere.

Give a shout-out here if you still use or want to use this mod. It needs some major overhaul to bring it up-to-speed with the latest alphas so let me know if there’s still interest here and I’ll try to find some time to at least get it compatible :smile:

5 Likes