[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

@Froggy hi, lets start off saying im a fan of what you added to the game!
I did wonder about a certain thing though: the well.
currently you have to manually spam the living daylights out of it to get some water, and especially if you have more villagers it becomes nigh undoable.

I was wondering why you did not implement the well as a sort of crafting table, and add bucket of water as a recepy for all the production classes (smith/cook/herbalist etc) and just have it require nothing but the well(crafting table style)

This way you would not have to make an entire system from scratch, and you could order your least busy class(or multiple classes togeather) to keep up the water supply, up to a certain level.

Im unsure if you might find this helpfull, i do hope so.
Friendly greetings,
thahat.

3 Likes

This actually sounds like a brilliant idea.

2 Likes

Having an issue with the water system. Appears that all my Hearthlings are thirsty constantly even though I have 5 wells and am constantly clicking gather water. Any ideas?

Looking in to it now. A Steam user has a similar issue. Something probably broke in the last update

1 Like

The Sanic speed reply is much appreciated. Thanks friend.

well my problem is that i can’t pick upp the bee queen or build this bee thing that gives me honey and i have uppdated the mod and unsistall and install back but nothing happends

i don’t know what to do :frowning:

1 Like

What are your stockpile filters set to?

‘Quest Items’:

Or ‘All’:

Should allow you to pick them up.

Has anyone else experienced Hearthlings not drinking? I’m beginning to think its a mod conflict, rather than a problem with CafĂ©. Any mod that effects the stockpile mechanics will most likely break drinking because drinks are stored and filtered under ‘drink_container’

Edit:

Yeah @Shinsaka has chosen to override stockpile_filters instead of using a mixin (Probably a good reason, I didn’t look in to it in any great depth). Until they change their mod, CafĂ© will not be compatible with Better Stockpiles.

man i love you

i had a

better stockpile mod

wich took away that little thing
but thx and many love

1 Like

Can i use this mod on a map that i started in A16?
I have a map where i already build an safe heaven for my hearthlings but it would be fun if i could use your mod now. But i dont know if its possible?

It should work fine, just don’t overwrite your save until you’re sure you have no issues.

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply!
If i counter any problems, bugs,
 i ll report it here

i can confirm that i also had the problem,
situation report: downloaded A16(latest game version, cause steam, never modded anything before) installed your mod togeather with the brewery mod. effect: everyone is thirsty ALL THE TIME even when i had 3 wells and spam them non stop.

so it might have been that. then deintsalled both, verrified integrity of the game steam style, re-installed just your mod, still the water issue.

will re try with your newest update and see if it happens (started a totally new save with rayas children) will update if it went away or not!

Please confirm cook outfit issue still exists? Works fine on my build :confused:

The EN file lacks an “entities” entry for the cook outfit. I think it works fine in English, but it gave that problem to my translation.

1 Like

Ah I see. The localisation is not done. I’ll fix it now

1 Like

update on the “drought” problem, it seems to be not that bad now,
but everyone and their mother is always ignoring the wells. its impossible to stock up any relevant amount of water and i think the only reason my villagers are not drying out is cactus fruit (do those even fill their water requirement?)

Prickly Pear juice works, yes.

What do you mean by ignoring the well, are they not collecting water buckets after you ‘gather’ them? Or are they ignoring water buckets when stockpiled?

not specifically juice. (i saw no cook option for it) the actual prickly pears on a little plate :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes :slight_smile: While eating pears and berries you satisfy your hydration requirement. I was a solution to stop hearthlings from dying while gathering materials for a well

2 Likes

place well
hit water icon
water icon hovers over well for a gajillion hours>no one goes and fetches any.
EVENTUALLY someone (when i stop doing EVERYTHING ELSE) gets a bucket
and then they flat our refuse to get more for a gazilion hours.

EDIT!!! IMPORTANT:
@Froggy more testing: they refuse to do it while building mainly. i tried out some scenario’s of doing some thing/not doing some things and mainly building is the issue. cause all the workers take priority and i only see workers collecting water (and never the same worker twice
 im not kidding, one grabbed a bucket, put it down so a footman can lug it off, i tell them to get more, IT STANDS THERE DOING NOTHING, and another one runs up from half a mile away to grab the water from the well. i do it again AND A THIRD ONE RUNS UP AND GRAB ITS (at this point my sides are in orbit from laughing XD)