[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

Awww shucks :blush: Thanks :slight_smile:

The buff which speeds up workers doesn’t show its name, nor its lenght.

EDIT: Also, yaks don’t show their description sometimes (when my shepherd first brought a yak it had its description, now I have two and neither of them has it).

1 Like

Fixed, Fixed and Fixed :slight_smile:

The description issue only occurred after the animal collar was placed, and the animal had been milked.

I hadn’t set an unripe description.

5 Likes

Ohoh - here’s another one! The stone well doesn’t require any workshop.

While we’re at it, I’d also suggest for the well to require a “rope” component (fiber or thread) and to be moved to level 2 (which is were most crafters get collaborative insight).

I like the idea of a rope… but I still feel the well shouldn’t require a workshop. After all, its just a deep hole with some bricks around it.

It’s not like you would craft a well in a workshop, and then move it to a site where you have a predug hole though.

Open to feedback either way

2 Likes

I agree, you can only creare a well around the hole, normally.

2 Likes

The mason doesn’t make the hole, he crafts the hole-extraction structure, which is quite complex and surely would require a workbench (I mean, even stone fences require it and they’re like a component of the stone well).

EDIT: considering how wells require basic mechanisms to work, they might even be moved up to level 3.

RIEDIT: the well fed effect could also increase the diligence stat.

1 Like

Excellent idea. I have implemented it.

Reworked the mod, and brought the json files in line with Radiant’s (Thanks to SHED and therefore Yang!)

Added the scarecrow from my Candledark mod, because it fits the theme quite well.

Reworked the values of all items to be in line with their material component cost.

And finally… I added a workbench requirement for the well -.-

5 Likes

I love it when things go exactly my way. ^-^

Oh, the scarecrow’s icon lacks the Cafe mark in the corner.

1 Like

I’m going to leave this update here (link removed - refer to opening post) due to all the new moving parts. I’ll update the original post when I get confirmation that this doesn’t only work for me in a microworld.

I’m away as of Tuesday for about 2 weeks, and will most likely have no or very little interwebs access - so think of this as an alpha mod beta test O.o

This mod now makes it so that Hearthlings have to drink.

At the end of every working day, your hearthlings will search for a refreshing beverage to unwind with.

Initially Hearthlings will be able to get by on the juice from berries and prickly pears - but it’s advisable to get your well and subsequence recipes in place.

All filters are in place to enable you to have drink containers storable in chests and stockpiles.

All feeback is welcome, especially if it explodes.

6 Likes

Oh Well, there went General Order #1 out the window. The Soldiers will be overjoyed. :grin:

2 Likes

One thing I noticed is that recovering characters spring out of bed as soon as the thirst bubble pops out, also characters go to bed only to wake up minutes when the thirsty bubble comes, but I don’t know if this happens with hunger too.

Also, wouldn’t broths and stews use water too?

The “Drink” category string should be plural.

The “Thirsty” thought bubble lacks a clearer box unlike the hungry bubble. I fixed it myself, if you want it just ask.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

I noticed that berry juice doesn’t require any workshop, although berry wine uses a cauldron. Is this intentional?

Anyways, after some days of playing the thirst system appears to work fine, only weird thing is the way everybody goes to drink in unison as if it were teatime; But you’re probably already aware of that.

Anyways, I was thinking about the well fed stat. Speed is useful for building and hauling while diligence is useful for everybody besides soldiers (who can be forced to stay awake with no repercussion) but I think somehow well fed soldiers should have a better performance, by getting an increase to muscles and stamina as well.
Thinking about it, I might even propose for the well fed stat to slightly boost every attribute (because, you know, a healty body gives a healthy mind).

For the yaks, rather than having “Not ready for milking” and “Slow and stinky”, maybe it would be better to have “Ready for milking” and put the “Slow and stinky” line when they are not ready to be milked.

The original concept was at the end of the day they seek out a drink to unwind. So “DRINKTIME” is currently set to 2000 hours. Dehydration tick per hour is set low, because I didn’t want to over burden the player. Especially during initial testing. Increasing the tick in Cookstants.json will make it so Hearthlings want to drink during the day, and not just at ‘drinktime’.

The buffs can be improved, and more varied but I feel there is little value to until eating is improved.

Eating needs to be so that food is selected based on its satisfaction. Why eat a turnip when there is a delicious pie going cold? :frowning: There should also be a ‘preferred by’ data element in the foods .json. So you could specify that Fortification wine is preferred by footman etc. (@Sdee? Puhleeease? :D) This will allow you to create foods that buff specific classes, rather than being forced to make food buffs all powerful.

Quite a number of descriptions need reworking, because more times than not, I can’t think of anything witty to add! I’ll take a look at the Yaks.

5 Likes

I think a common “drinking time” is very cool, it’s nice when all heathlings gather at occasions. Where exactky can i download the newest mod beta?

Scroll up 7 :slight_smile:

As it seems to be problem free I’ll update the opening post in the morning

3 Likes

Sheep feed on the ground retains the vanilla name and description.

Also, the stonehearth:ai.action.status_text.drink string is missing.

Also the stockipiled fancy cook outfit misses a description.

3 Likes

I found a problem with storing potatoes and rice. If I place a stockpile, they will get placed there. However, if I edit its filter, they won’t put them there anymore.