[Mod] Slabs with terrain colors [A20+]

Well… I’m gonna go to lazy route and just say:

Cause Reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m guessing that also for deconstruction reasons. But then, when scaffolding/ladder is torn down in the desert, you get foreign wood for free anyway?

3 Likes

Hey hey, tempted to add this to PraiseDB? :wink:

Hey there!

I’m super new to the game and was wondering if this mod worked in the alpha 15 build?? I know it says 14 but I believe I saw youtubers using old saves and things when doing let’s plays so I wasn’t sure if that effected this or not. Thanks!!

could we also have tree greens as well please! that would be amazing if it is possible! along with the tree trunk browns as well.

@Nark yes this mod works in Alpha 15 without problems I’m using it myself :slight_smile:
Welcome to the discourse!

1 Like

I am also using this mod with Alpha 15 without any issues as well

1 Like

Thank you!! I’ve been very worried my mistakes with paths would be permanent, thank god they’re not lmao

And thank you @Simica_Na for answering as well!!

1 Like

@Nark yes I have been using it for this build

7 Likes

Omg that’s gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:
Hopefully I’ll have the creativity and skill to build lovely things like this as I play more.

1 Like

@Nark thank you! this is my thread dedicated to the town build if you want to check it out!

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/tree-of-life-take-2/21257

I’ve updated the title and the main post to reflect the latest compatible version.

Thanks for the reminder!

5 Likes

It also works well in Alpha 16 release 599

2 Likes

Awesome mod, man! =D Tyvm. ^^

1 Like

A WARNING TO ALL THE USERS OF THIS MOD: it will be broken in the next Stonehearth version (whenever it is released), so you might receive in-game errors and/or won’t be able to use the building editor after you’ve updated the game.
I’ll reupload the mod with the fix when the time comes.

However, I’m not sure of the side effects it could have upgrading the mod on a certain savefile and then saving again with the new Stonehearth version. I’ll try to test before submitting the fix, hopefully everything will work fine, since it’s just a little adjustment in the json files to add names to the colors :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I came here to mention that this is indeed the case with Alpha 17. I get this error message upon loading the game:

Assertion Failed: new_node.name() == “mixins” || new_node.type)_ == mixin.mode.type()(C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB-BUILD\stonehearth\source\resources\res_manager.cpp:656)

3 Likes

I hope everything goes all right… This mod is a staple for me and I’ve been working in the same settlement since A15… I’d hate to loose it. Thanks for the mod and your efforts

Have fun, Kyth.

Ps: Now that I think of it, Would it be possible to add a couple of dark greens? To fake trees mostly :wink:
Thanks again!

4 Likes

>___<
just seen that A17 unstable was released yesterday (night for me).

I’m still at work, so at least 3 more hours before I get to upload something.

3 Likes

Updated the OP with the link for A17. I haven’t tried the smod version, but it should work correctly as well.
I’ve tested with an old save and it works. Just remember to remove the old smod (or overwrite it, since Windows won’t let you have two files with the same name in the same place :sweat_smile: ).

I had trouble with the duplicate names, and some of them even matched some of the default colors, so I just wrote “Cloudy 1” / “Cloudy 2” for example. The colors were so similar I couldn’t tell if one was darker than the other :sweat:

The names are taken from the same website where @yshan took them for the default colors.

5 Likes

Thank you for replying and telling me about this very appreciated