[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

so for the next update ^^

in the archway recipe are no l18n links xD

and nice goblin head (stick) xD to bad its not released now ^^

Are you looking at the latest version? Because I just checked and cant find either of those issues in the update I just released.

ok my issue - i download it but doesnt override my old version xDDD sry!

1 Like

I think some rework on balancing the value of these items would be nice for example the fur bed goes for 100g which is a bit OP after they changed the game value of items :slight_smile:

i tend to not sell Fur Beds because it feels like cheating in a way.

3 Likes

Balancing is very tricky to get right and Its something I have been holding off on for a while, besides making small changes here and there. I believe at some point there was some talk on one of the live streams of perhaps having the cost of items automatically generated but this may be wishful thinking :smile:. I have considered creating my own simple program that can calculate what the cost of items should be, it would certainly make balancing much easier.

2 Likes

if youā€™d like to expand your mod even more, here is stuff Iā€™d like to see. your mod is kinda related to some ideas I hadā€¦

also would it be too much trouble to add a list of features to original post? its hard to decide if I want a mod or not and it would save time for people trying things out

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/mod-suggestion-earthy-rustic-block-decorations-extensions-decals/23166

I doubt it really matters, but just a heads up, I noticed you have gardener:trowel and gardeners:trowel in your aliases section, and both point to the same path.

i justwonder do i need dropbox for this mod or can i just put it i Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods

you dont need dropbox - this mod only lays on a dropbox server ^^ so just dl and then add it to your folder ^^ but at the moment there is an issue with the newest unstable release - so if you use 566 please wait for an update

2 Likes

Well with any mod, if you want to play with it; it goes in the mods folder.

Dropbox is just the distribution service to download it that was chosen for that purposeā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Canā€™t start with Settlement mod in the latest Alpha 17 Release 566.

Yeah the mod needs an update for the new build. It was one of three that caused an assertion failure for me. the other two were updated and work fine now

Updated and working now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Time finally for a big update with a change I have wanted to make for a long time. I have been working on this for a few weeks now and after hitting a couple of dead ends using different methods, I have it working.

So the big change is that now recipes within the mod will change dependent on what biome you are playing in. I wanted to do this because it never made sense for the gardener to use flowers that werenā€™t in the desert biome. So I have added some new plants that will only spawn in the desert biome and new recipes that will use them.

Not everything is finished yet as I will be creating more recipes for the gardener when in the desert biome and add crops for the new plants. For now though I want people to test everything to make sure it is all working. One issue that is likely to occur is that if you are using a biome mod there will be compatabillity issues and you may find the gardener has almost no recipes, I will try and find a fix for that later on.

I have also done some work on balancing the trade prices, which means no more selling settlement decor items at extortionate prices :grin:

5 Likes

Received the following error with the 572-release.
Also of note: I am playing with the Anorien_biome mod

c++ exception: invalid file path ā€˜/settlementdecor/recipes/decorative_elite_gong_recipe.jsonā€™.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_jsonā€™
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ā€˜load_jsonā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:187: in function ā€˜_build_craftable_recipe_listā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:89: in function 'activateā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:503: in function ā€˜create_controllerā€™
ā€¦earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:32: in function ā€˜_ensure_job_idā€™
ā€¦earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:39: in function 'get_jobā€™
stonehearth/services/server/job/job_service.lua:50: in function 'get_job_infoā€™
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:557: in function ā€˜get_job_infoā€™
ā€¦rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:17: in function 'runā€™
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:528: in function '_thread_mainā€™
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:249: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcallā€™
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:246: in function 'fā€™
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Edit: I found the reference in the settlementdecor/mixins/carpenter_recipes.json under the first section for building parts ordinal 2.

was this suppose to be here or was it a copy/paste error?

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, this was left over from when I was doing some testing and will be removed in an update I release later today.

3 Likes

Updated with some fixes and changes as well as some new items for the gardener and mason in the desert biome.

Edit: seems the original link broke for a second there should work now

3 Likes

It looks like Settlement Decor is causing the new A17 release not to load properly.

Do you have the latest version of SDM, there was a issue with this mod during the alpha unstable releases which were fixed with @The_M version 992 mod release. This lastest release is working fine for me in the A17 stable release.

except for the Gardener workshop

Not all the recipes are showing up on the workbench, but I like how the merchants now sell all the gardening items.
(edit: I only posted this because Devona was worried)

2 Likes

Just gave it a test and I was able to load the mod on the latest A17 release, was there any error displayed @Mechanismatic.

@Geokhan Odd that the recipes arenā€™t showing up, are you playing in the temperate biome? Also if you check the campaign browser in the debug tools you should see encounters called biome_recipes_unlock_temperate then unlock_temperate_biome_recipes_gardener and unlock_temperate_biome_recipes_mason.

1 Like