[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

Updated for alpha 8, the mod should now be compatible with Stonehearth alpha 8. Some other note worthy changes to the mod are that the Gardener’s tool has been moved so that it is now crafted by the blacksmith rather than the carpenter. I have also added 5 new recipes.

Firstly the sarcophagus that can be crafted from a tombstone by the mason to upgrade your most famous Stonehearthians to more decorative accommodation in the afterlife.

Secondly a stone version of the previously seen wooden mine entrance. Useful as a underground city entrance to.

A Guardian statue the first of the stone statues I will be adding.

There is also a luxury stone chair and stone version of the garden bed. As well as some other small changes and fixes that you may notice.

Don’t forget to also use the latest version of jelly or you will run into problems.

12 Likes

A new update and compatibility with alpha 9 is here. In this update I have added a variety of new stuff. Firstly and new plant called foxfire (based on a real plant and not a misspelling of the browser). This plant is quite rare and will only spawn in the foothills, it also cant be grown as a crop. You will spot it from the blue glow that it emits. This plant is needed to get foxfire slime which is then used to create foxfire lanterns that will emit blue light.

Next is 2 new stone statues the traveler statue and the statue of fortune. You may also find when digging in the dirt that you get some clay this will be used by the next profession that I add, shouldn’t be too hard to guess what it will be. I have also added a new stone window.

Another change is that to promote someone to the gardener they must first be a level 1 farmer, I find this to be a more logical job progression. Changes to the job tree also mean that Jelly is no longer needed for the mod o work.

With these new additions this now means that the mod has exceeded my initial goal of adding 50 new items to the game, therefore I feel like the mods development is coming to a conclusion though I may try and get to 75 items total. Once I have done this I will make a final pass over all of the models to make improvements, balance recipe costs, levels and such. This doesn’t mean that once this is done the mod will be abandoned as updates will need to be made to ensure a working compatible mod as Stonehearth updates but new content likely wont be added, at least not for a while. This does mean I can then begin work on another Stonehearth mod as I have a few things I would like to do separate from this mod.

9 Likes

Mainly I’m here to thank for the mod. Amazing work!

Secondly I have a little bug regarding the stockpiles. Apparently modded items don’t go to stockpiles.

Thanks glad you like the mod.

As for the bug you mentioned I haven’t been able to replicate it and there have been no changes that I can see as to how Stonehearth categorizes items into the stockpiles. You may want to check that you have a stockpile that can accept items of the construction category as the items not stockpiled in the image are all of that category. Also you could try placing them and then undeploying them that may fix it.

Hmm it seems more complicated now because carpenter stores some of the mod’s items just fine but majority is left on ground hanging. And I have storage for decorating items but also a storage accepting all goods. Anyway these little bugs dont mess up with gaming experience so much : D

Its been a while, but I have a released a new version of the mod it should now be compatible with alpha 11. Also a thanks to @sdee for helping me out with some bug fixing on this one.

This version introduces the potter, a new class to make use of the clay resource for crafting vases, clay bricks, a plant pot and a garden gnome, with more stuff to come. There are also some other some small changes within the mod to improve the overall quality.

Hopefully the next update will be soon adding some more stuff to the potter and some extra stuff for the other professions, I will also work some more on improving the quality on the mod as I reach version 1.0.

4 Likes

Hi.

Great mod but t seams to be missing the Potter’s Chisel !!

Auzze

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, though its not missing, I just forgot to alter one of the descriptions, originally I called it the potter’s chisel and it was crafted by the carpenter now its called the fettling knife and is crafted by the blacksmith I will fix this and release a new version.

2 Likes

Hello I am in 10.5 alpha
and I put mod but I will not have the keel printing works because I can not find how to make the object in the business.
Voilas I hope your solution or other-because I’m not disappointed that his walk!

I’m assuming English isn’t your first language and I’m having trouble understanding exactly what the problem is that you are having. Do you mean that the mod isn’t working at all or just some objects in the mod? I use alpha 11 for development of the mod now so there could be problems with alpha 10.5 but after a quick test I didn’t notice anything obvious.

@The_M i believe that @Sifemacak is saying that they cant find what crafter crafts the talisman for promotion.

If that is the case @Sifemacak both of the talismans for the potter and gardener are crafted by the blacksmith.

3 Likes

Thank you and yes English is not my mother tongue.
Then you said that 11 alpha they walk but why they not work in alpha 10.5 Okay so then we not find a solution I take alpha 11

A new release with some stuff that makes use of new features and finally fixing things I have been putting off for a while. A lot of the work that went into this version of the mod was done to fix the collision boxes of the items within the mod so hopefully your hearthlings will no longer walk through objects or interact with them strangely. I had been putting off doing this for a while because it isn’t the most fun of tasks but it had to be done.

Secondly some new items, a wall mounted foxfire lantern to go with the ground version, a potters sign for the crafter and to take advantage of the new storage feature, I have created a straw basket crafted by the weaver and a storage vase crafted by the potter.

6 Likes

beautiful! absolutely beautiful! and now i ask myself, why arent i using this mod…

3 Likes

I think we all are :smile:

Defo gonna check out this again soon. Tried it once, but I’m gonna try it again since I’ve gotten a little better with building!

1 Like

Hmmm just a stray thought is it possible to restrict certain types of items to be stored in a containers as i think that for example weapons would not fit very well into a basket.

1 Like

asked that question before in another thread, but i never got an answer :confused:

if it is possible, then i might have to make a mod storage mod.

1 Like

Not any way that I know of and after a quick look it seems all of the code that handles storage and stocking is done using lua which is kind of a no go for modders right now. Would be nice though and probably not too difficult as we can already manually choose what types of items can be stored.

2 Likes

It could be done, but you’d have to overhaul major portions of the storage system to accomplish it.

There is not yet any way to preset stockpiles to anything but “All” or “None”. There is not yet any way to disable certain options (thus forcing them to stay on or off). Both of those things would be necessary to implement for you to be able to designate limited categories for each container. This would require editing of javascript, html, less and lua files at the least and you’d probably need some new icons to show greyed out boxes and such too.

Normally with modding, we either make a new file for a new item or mixin some data to a file. These are safe as they don’t directly replace some content in the game. So the content of the game could change, but it wouldn’t break your mod.

Editing javascript, html, less or lua files requires you to overwrite what is there previously. This is problematic because every time any of those files is changed by the game, you have to update your mod and if anyone else wants to overwrite the same file with their mod, it is anyones guess which file actually gets overwritten. So, as modders, we generally prefer to avoid that whenever possible.

Ideally, the guys at Radiant would recode that stuff so we could add an object to a containers .json file that defines which filters are enabled or disabled by default and which filters can be edited by the player. It would have to make sure that the player can always edit a category that is enabled by default though. It would be bad if you couldn’t empty out a storage container at will when you set the filters to “none”.

I think this would be a really nice feature to have and we should probably see if one of the guys at Radiant (@albert @sdee) has added it to their list of things to do yet or not…

4 Likes