[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

Time for another update with more additions and changes as well as compatibility with build 127. First thing is I have now created a custom UI for the gardener so it isn’t just using the carpenters.

Secondly I have added some more stuff for you to craft. The shepherd tapestry, flowered curtains, berry curtains, poster bed and shelf all in the image below.

download link Settlement_Decor V0.482

9 Likes

well done @The_M! the new models look great… will definitely try to give this a go this weekend! :+1:

2 Likes

Insert long whistle here

Very nice stuff there @The_M :smiley: . Planning on having a go at multi-user beds, or will you just stick to single-person ones for now?

1 Like

nice bed. I bed they sleep well in there. I would…

1 Like

For now I think I will stick on single user beds but, I could try multi-user beds in the future. Might turn out to be quite tricky though as one bed will be treated as a single entity and as Stonehearths ai allows villagers to claim their own bed once they have slept in it they may not like sharing. Or I suppose you could cheat and have 2 separate models that you just put next to each other to look like a double bed. :smile:

1 Like

Yeah… hmm. I wonder if you can make placing a double bed spawn an invisible entity inside it, so that one side of the bed is where the bed “owner” sleeps, and the other side is the invisible entity that a second settler can sleep in. Might be a hassle when it comes to moving the bed though.

Kinda interested to see if there is a way around that. Right now from what I understand, the fire-pit creates “seats” that are then are temporarily owned by the villagers. Hmmm…

The gardeners workshop was looking a little empty, so this week I decided to begin to focus on adding some more stuff to it to help flesh it out. This means 4 new things to decorate your houses, firstly the window box to add some more colour to your windows by hanging flowers outside them, the hanging basket a Brightbell and Frostsnap version to attach to walls and finally a tiered planter much larger than the other planters. Examples of which you can see in this image where I decided to fully decorate a large house.

I was planning to add more but got sidetracked into making another important change as whilst I was creating the decorative house above, I realized I was quickly running out of flowers for the gardener to use. Therefore the logical solution to this was to make it so that you can now plant and farm both brightbell and frostsnap flowers to use.

So hope you like the new changes.
(p.s the download link in the first post will allow you to download the latest version of the mod even though the version number hasn’t changed as I still cant edit it.)

4 Likes

looks lovely! this mod will ( I hope) live a long life with you coding it :smile:

Some more stuff for you this week bringing the total of new craft able items now to 35. This update adds a birdhouse, gardener sign, fur bed, garden bed (not for sleeping) and a stone version of the tiered planter.

I have also expanded the scope of the mod by working in some additions to the terrain, you should now see sunflowers around the map when you start up a new world, these can be used as decoration or to create the garden bed I will also add to other recipes in the future. Also I fixed the spiked fence which meant changing it a bit but you can place it again now.

By this point I consider the mod to be about half way complete though there is still so more items to be added as well as another profession though I haven’t decided what that will be yet, but I have a few ideas. Finally, I should also note that updates to the mod may become a little slower or smaller for the next few months due to reduced free time which is why I have been pushing out a lot of new stuff recently, hopefully though I should be able to keep the mod compatible with Stonehearths updates.

Settlement Decor V0.536

4 Likes

After a long time away from the mod I have made some updates mostly just to get it working with the latest version of Stonehearth. Unfortunately to do this I have had to remove the gardener class as this was causing problems that I couldn’t find a fix for, though hopefully it will return someday. I have found time to add some new stuff to take advantage of some of the new additions to Stonehearth.

The mine entrance scaffold

The sundial and stone totems

I have also added a new window type and a stone version of the fur bed.

Enjoy, and as always the download link is in the first post and please post any feedback or problems you may have here.

10 Likes

Mine entrance scaffold! That what we needed! :+1:
Do they also fit inside the mine itself?

3 Likes

For some reason i cannot farm when i install this mod :[

1 Like

@Miturion unfortunately no, as the model relies on being placed on some sort of wall or in this case a cliff face also because it is modeled to fit over a mine entrance the lamp would clip through the ceiling of the mine. Though I could certainly create a different model that would work within a mine.

@chlorate Just to clarify are you using any others mods that could be causing conflicts?

Also how exactly cant you farm can you not plot out farms, do workers not farm anything or can you not select things to plant?

Farming isn’t something I normally test as the mod doesn’t affect farming much but I can think of a couple of files that could cause issues that I may have overlooked. I’m not in a position to fix it now but I will take a look soon.

1 Like

I see.

Would be cool, but no pressure.

1 Like

Hi there! I thought it was the conflict between different mods at first too, however is still the same when I delete all the files and reinstall it with just this mod. Farmers can still plot the farm but whenever I click to choose things to plant, there is no icon and instead a bug report came up saying settlement decor do not have alias with sunflower… Or something like that, thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info, I’m aware of what is causing this problem and it is what I initially suspected but a fix should be easy, so expect it soon.

I wonder if you might be interested in creating a separate mod (or integrating into this one) some functionality that makes use of the metal ingots and such from my Blacksmith and Ores mod? I’ve had a ton of decor suggestions from folk and it would be much more fitting to have most of it in your mod. Thoughts?

Its a nice idea but I’m struggling to find the time to keep this mod alone updated, might be something I could do in the future but right now I wouldn’t be able to get much done.

I’m back with good news, thanks to the help of @honestabelink the gardener is back and working again as it was previously. There are also lots of other small changes and fixes such as to farming and some of the recipes.

This new version of the mod will require the installation of @RepeatPan’s Jelly.

You can get that here https://github.com/Quit/jelly/archive/master.zip

1. Download jelly-master and extract the files to your stonehearth mods folder
  2. Rename the file to jelly
  3. Download settlementdecor and place it in the same stonehearth mods folder

I spent a lot more time testing this version so hopefully it shouldn’t be as buggy as the last but something may still have slipped through, if so let me know.

5 Likes