[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

Another small update to the mod mostly fixing the changes that were made to some of the code in the new update that broke the mod. I have also though made a change to the goblin head on a stick, so that now there is only one version in the recipe list but, I have adjusted it so there are multiple model variants which means when placing it you should see differences in appearance from the same entity. I have also added the oak log chair for those who want their villages to be comfy but not too comfy, ideal for a settlement which is on a budget. :smile:

2 Likes

LOVELY mod!!! love this mod a lot so cool!

1 Like

This is really cool but can someone help me install it

Could you tell me what problems you are having installing it?

To intsall the only thing that should have to be done is placing the Settlement_Decor.smod file inside your Stonehearth mods folder.

OK I must have missed that thanks.

1 Like

A little update on some changes to the mod, I have added a flower fence for more garden decoration and have now removed the chest as it was kinda pointless and am sure it will be added in some form eventually anyway. This is probably going to be it as far as adding new recipes to the carpenter is concerned for now, until the next update allows us to create proper housing then I will start work on some indoor furniture as well as some new doors and windows. Hopefully the weaver and stone mason professions won’t be too far behind as this opens up much more possibilities for things I can add.

I have also updated my first post with a new picture below the download link, which hopefully better shows off what can be done with the mod and what is included with it.

3 Likes

okay i love this mod its so cool! :smile:

Update time, I have updated the mod so that it is now compatible with alpha 4. However, that’s not all I have now added the gardener the first new profession that this mod will add. No new recipes have been added but some have been moved from the carpenter to the gardener, more will be added soon. Although the gardener is working its still not done GUI’s need adding, buttons need changing and animations need to be created. I have also allowed the gardener to assist the farmer with harvesting though the gardener won’t help construct buildings like the carpenter. Once again feedback or suggestions are very welcome and let me know of any bugs you experience so I can fix them.

4 Likes

looks good :white_flower:

loving this mod! :smile:

Time for another update this time I have added a couple of new recipes to the gardener the large and small stone planters similar to the wooden ones but a little more fancy and give a use for the stone resource in the game. I have added a icon for the gardener in the citizen management menu. I have also created logs for when someone is promoted to the gardener each different based upon the workers personality so keep and eye out for those. The gardeners workbench has been changed so that it is now smaller this just makes it easier to manage and makes it less buggy but I will probably change it again later though so it looks better. I think that is all the changes this time round, I have begun work on some other new furniture for decorating houses such as signs, doors and windows which will likely but this next things I add.

I did attempt to change the gardeners crafting UI and crafting animation to ones that I had created myself rather than using the carpenters but I have been having some problems getting these to work.

1 Like

so is this still for alpha 3?

No it should be compatible with alpha 4 from now on as I have made the changes that alpha 4 introduced.

Alpha 4 is not out yet only a buggy bad one on steam

That is still Alpha 4, just a pre-release.

1 Like

I know sorry had to get the 20 characters lol

Wow this is awesome. Hope this would become part of the official game. Its a great mod to decorate your little village.

2 Likes

After being away for a few weeks and returning to a number of changes to how stonehearth works, the mod has been updated and is now compatible with alpha 4 release 122. A few changes have also been made to some of the recipes and with the introduction of the weaver this means new opportunities for new stuff, something I have already taken advantage of.

One thing I and others seem to enjoy is some of the artwork and concept art that has been created during stonehearths development and so I decided why not add it to the game, so you can now decorate your workers homes with tapestries created from this artwork.

I plan on adding some more of the stonehearth artwork created into the game for people to use, though I don’t want to use all of them, so let me know which pieces of art you would like to see most.

Another point to make is that now that flowers can be harvested I changed many of the recipes for the gardener to include them. Unfortunately stonehearth doesn’t yet distinguish between flower types in fact they along with silkweed all come under the tag “plant” so don’t be surprised if when creating some of the gardeners recipes silkweed is used. Hopefully later the tags will be changed so that the brightbell and frostsnap flowers have their own tag to distinguish between the two. Also another side note the spiked fence can’t be placed for the same reason that picket fences can no longer be placed.

13 Likes

This is actually fantastic.

lovely will download once more!!!