[Mod] Better Storage v1.5

It would be a pleasure if you could make this downloadable from Google Drive because I just find it quick and easy.

New version 0.17.0 for Stonehearth Alpha 17 develop 3008 released!

• Use of the new “override” mixintype. The ghost filters are now exorcised.
  • Compatibility with the new stockpile filters.
  • Added “Bones” filter to “Animal Parts” category.
  • “Fruits & Vegetable Baskets” filter renamed to “Raw Food” and mover under “Food & Drink” category.
  • “Exotic Gear” filter removed.
  • “Light & Torches” filter removed.
4 Likes

The Alpha 17 develop 3013 update fixed the issues with filters for many items, mostly constructions. Better Stockpiles should work fine now!

1 Like

New version 0.17.1 for Stonehearth Alpha 17 develop 3013 released!

• Removes the Fur Rug mixinto.

Okay now Better Stockpiles should REALLY work fine ^^

3 Likes

This is an awesome mod, but…

For “release 566” I was getting engineer’s repair kits mixed in with my herbalist’s bandages and tonics, and engineer’s bronze/iron gears mixed in with metal bars. So I modded your mod! :astonished:

What I’ve done is add a new “Engineering Parts” category (with gears and repair kits), and a new “Medical Goods” category (with healing items, and energy, stamina, courage and strength tonics - all separate because I couldn’t find a better way of filtering tonics); and removed all of these things from the existing categories (so “metal bars” won’t take gears, and “consumables” is gone/split up). Then I made little icons for the new stuff (by cropping and resizing Stonehearth’s entity pictures) to make it look nicer.

So…

@Shinsaka: I have no idea what your copyright is or whether I can release what I’ve done, or if anyone else actually wants my changes. I just got tinkering with it and before I knew what I was doing here we are. What I want to do is give my changes to you so you can use what you like (or not). Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll send/upload/email/whatever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/one-rule-to-ring-them-all/16926

This is the post that covers how you interact with others mods

2 Likes

Hello @Brendan ! Your modifications are interesting, please can you send me a message with a link to your work ? I’ll see if I can integrate it in BS. I don’t have an Engineer yet in my current gameplay, so I don’t know his items very well.

Anyway, on Github my work is under a CC licence allowing you to share and modify it if you credit me (and if you send me a notice, of course !) Meaning mods of my mod are possible, and I can integrate them if they worth it.

Thanks @Shinsaka

I couldn’t find a way to send it to you privately, but (as it’s CC licence, etc) I figured it wouldn’t hurt if I uploaded it here as an attachment.

: better_stockpiles.zip (77.7 KB)

Legal Stuff

This work is a derivative of “Better Stockpiles” by @Shinsaka, and is used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and remains covered by same.

I, @Brendan , hereby irrevocably transfer the ownership of my changes to “Better Stockpiles” and all rights associated with ownership to @Shinsaka .

2 Likes

Thanks @Brendan, I’ll add the Gears filter in the next version of BS. But I can’t find the repair kits in the consumables of A17.572. Are they from a mod ?

1 Like

They were part of the game up to 56x, at 572 they got removed.

2 Likes

repairkits were removed in the last update :wink:

1 Like

Okay, so no need to break the Consumables filter anymore :slight_smile:

I’ll wait for the release of A17 to update BS to 0.17.2

Yes; or at least the original reason for it is gone (which is a little sad - I liked the repair kits as it helped to train my engineer - now I’m back to using “engineer signs” to get extra XP from all the bronze gears I’m producing).

However, now that I’ve been using it for a while I like being able to have a gold/metal chest for bandages and healing pots (near military dormitory) and a separate stockpile for “buff potions” (partly because you can’t use a “buff potion” by clicking on it when it’s in a chest, and have to build the potion like furniture first).

2 Likes

New version 0.17.2 for Stonehearth Alpha 17 stable 584 released!

• Added “Gears” filter to “Goods” category. (Thanks @Brendan)
3 Likes

There are a couple of glitches for this mod when it’s used in the Alpha 18 Unstable. Tools, Armor and Weapons are getting sorted into the Goods category as well as the Equipment category. Also, if you select have Tools selected, you cannot deselect them by clicking on the button(s) - you need to reset the stockpile to None.

2 Likes

New version 0.18.0 for Stonehearth Alpha 18 develop 3107 released !

• Use of the new “remove” mixintype.
  • “Ore”, “Metal Bars”, “Consumables” and “Animal Feed” filters are now detailed categories.
  • Renamed “Goods” category to “Refined Goods”.
  • Moved “Ingredients” category after “Food & Drink”.
  • Added “tonic” tag to Tonic potions, to use with the new “Tonics” filter.

There’s many changes for modders in Stonehearth Alpha 18, so to be clear:

• This version of Better Stockpiles doesn’t work with Alpha 17.
  • Previous versions of Better Stockpiles will not work with Alpha 18.
4 Likes

Does this still not work properly with cook mod and brewery mod? it had issues with their items not being put in stockpile when had categories selected, would really like to use this again.

Version 0.18.0 of Better Stockpiles is compatible with Alpha 18 Stable 652, so no need to update if you already have it.

If they use the vanilla filters, or just add filters to vanilla categories, they should be compatible.

Great job on this! Exactly what I was looking for

2 Likes

@Shinsaka, can you make a separate category for uncategorized tag?
I was gonna say spoiled food but then again I realize that there is no such tag.
Like you know, hearthlings disposing garbage outside houses, that kind of idea.

1 Like