Kitty's Design Corner

Haha, currently not any means to, i have to actually put all my models into a mod

4 Likes

OOoooo whats this “Mad race” idea?

Ehehehe… well, by intent;

-Story: Race was created from an advanced form of golem creation, using a combination of mineral and organic materials and magic that…may have been more powerful than the creators should have been using. It started to rapidly degrade, and in an attempt to preserve them some necromancy was brought into the mix. This worked…at a cost of the stability of their mental state.

-Cosmetic:
*Altered forms of hairstyles - shaved away patches, choppy cuts, etc
*Paler skin, the creepy eyes, and red runes (see the fanatic heads above for an idea)
*Dark versions of clothing, bloodied versions of tools

-Concepts:
*Was thinking that their starting job option would be Blacksmith - story wise, they were being taught how to repair and improve themselves as well as potentially being able to make more of their kind at a future point.
*Prone to using very atypical gear; due to the spasms in their mental states, sometimes they go from using a barrel for duck-and-cover, then decide to keep using it as armour.

-Potential New Job: The Butcher
*Paths off Trapper
*Provides larger quantities of meat, lower quantity of skins and a random chance of “scrap strips” which can be crafted into leather (possible other uses?)
*Can NOT tame pets
*Potentially possible tendency to occasionally slaughter herd animals?

Think that’s all I have offhand…forgot my notes in my locker at school and I’m too exhausted to pull everything from memory, heh

4 Likes

Wow, great ideas, I love the butcher, would it be a crafter or feilder (trapper/farmer) type?

1 Like

I picture it as a fielder/combat type - perhaps they can also fight standard enemies; anything that isn’t another of their race, is just meat to the mad Butcher.
…tasty tasty goblin meat? -gags-

4 Likes

Care to help me develop them, @Wiese2007, @Wharp? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I haven’t looked into how jobs work yet, but I could try, I wouldn’t be very good :smiley:

perhaps after my translationupdate and lomc ^^

2 Likes

Ahahaha, well, don’t let me push you ^.^

But I know that the actual programming/coding/etc. type thing isn’t my strong point.

Concepts, designs, models, colours… I’m artsy, lol

2 Likes

jup this is why we compare so good :wink:

Hey, I love diving into code, and I’m going to look into job code anyway soooo :wink: Only question is how complex the code actually is (I don’t think itll be too bad).

Yea, I tried avoiding the more complex stuff overall;

For example, I had the idea of an RNG flagged debuff that lasts for a short while - "Unhinged"
While under the effects of “Unhinged”, they will perform any task that isn’t related to their job.
So an Unhinged Carpenter will go off mining, an Unhinged trapper will decide to go try his hand at masonry, an Unhinged farmer will decide to bugger off and have a meal… etc.

It seemed a bit much to actually do though, heh

3 Likes

just for info @all looks of parts have been added to lomc :wink:

1 Like

Yeah that sounds a bit harder than it might appear just because the task handler is so complex. You could do all sorts of weird things like steal other peoples jobs or cause errors due to conflicts or outright brick the hearthling.

Hearthlings, in Spaaaaaace ?

This is… very much not what I set out to make, but it is what it became…

space_hearthling.qb (489.4 KB)

I decided I’m going to start uploading the models as well - if anyone wants them for whatever purpose, feel free to grab them! If you use them for anything, please let me know, just for my curiousity sake!

7 Likes

Best post the last Info in the op xD

1 Like

I got carried away with this design…

Hunter Cloak w Model.qb (489.4 KB)

Hunter Cloak.qb (489.4 KB)

7 Likes

Assassin Cloak!

kitty_AssassinCloak.qb (489.4 KB)

5 Likes

Shaggy Shepherd Cloak

Shepherd Cloak w Model.qb (489.4 KB)