Invisible farm plots

Title: Invisible farm plots

Summary: Sometimes the farm plots are invisible, but they still grow crops.

Steps to reproduce:
-Make some farm plots, randomly,with different shapes.

Expected Results: The plot should be visible.

Actual Results: The plot is invisible and shows the crop floating.

Notes: Maybe this could be related to carrying invisible objects? I don’t think so, because that happens with logs, too. But what I’ve seen is that the smoke effect of plotting is played when you’re seeing the farm. If you order to make a farm somewhere, and then go to chop some trees while the farmers work, when you come back to the farm the effect is played even if the farmers had already finished their work.

Attachments:

These ones below I didn’t remember making them, maybe my mouse slipped or something while panning the terrain. It’s a straight line, with no soil anywhere, but the crops are still visible and growing (though I have to manually tell the farmers to harvest them, while the other farm was harvested automatically when the crops were ready). The bug is in the second picture below, it shows the red borders and there’s a small line that shouldn’t be there (the minimum size it’s that of the other line).

Versions and Mods: Alpha 3 R80

System Information:
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit OS)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400
2.26 GHz 2.27GHz
RAM 3GB
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

2 Likes

Whoa. I have never seen this happen. Awesome catch! Now… to repro…

1 Like

Hmm… I started thinking it would be related to [this][1].
The thing is that in my report the soil is invisible, and when I tried to repro the other report with this release, at least it’s translucent (if it was tilled before removing the plot):

I think it behaves the same as I experienced the other time, but with the difference of the soil.

So, apparently, it’s a matter of deleting zones, again.
[1]: http://www.stonehearthguru.com/forums/alpha-beta-testing-nexus/support/bug-reports/59906-bug-farmers-will-plant-crops-on-deleted-farming

1 Like