Increasingly slow gameplay with added storeys?

Just wondering how high you’ve all been able to build?

I wanted to test the new multi-storey editing:

This was the highest I could ‘reasonably’ build

The original plan, for comparison…

While my computer is near-obsolete, I don’t know if each added storey should slow down gameplay as much as it does. By the time they began building the 4th floor (3rd if you’re UK/Irish) the workers would freeze for five seconds, perform one action, then freeze again. This building would’ve taken me a whole day to build…

Is this as noticeable on newer computers?

2 Likes

well i did see another thread reporting this,

2 Likes

I think it could be related to the old large-rooftop issue as well…

2 Likes

I think it is, too. It seems to get exponentially worse the more stories there are and the larger the roof.

3 Likes

anyone have success with building 3 story buildings? The game seems to slow down incredibly when my tower gets to the 3rd level…can’t be so sure it’s that but I load previous games and it’s ok until 2 stories are build in a circular tower.

my apologies, apparently this has been an issue for a few versions now.

yes it has been a problem, thanks for replying saying that you found that out :smile:

@SteveAdamo @Relyss please close or merge this with another thread :blush:

1 Like

i did a very quick scan, but the most recent thread I found was from Sep 2014… can you link me to a newer one perhaps? :smile:

1 Like

This perhaps?

There may be others…

2 Likes

This should be greatly improved when we ship Alpha 10.5 later this week. Let me know if it’s still bad then.

3 Likes

Still happening for me in 10.5. Starts to go powerpoint near the top of the 3rd story (which is the top of the tower). simple 5x5 tower with a slab layer in between each story (So i can use walls again for the next story on top of that). Only the crenellations took an age due to them being at the top of the 3rd floor.

1 Like

Have a look at this:

I tried building this again with 10.5 and it seemed a lot faster, but I had to leave before it could finish and couldn’t get a build time.

1 Like

yes this absolutely happened to me. the entire game would freeze for seconds at a time

game crashed after the 5th story, had to reboot