Full body C'thulu!

So, inspired by the recent A17 splash, I drew up a sketch of C’thulu. I used Allie’s rendition of C’thulu in the splash as a base for the face, then for the rest of the body I used the model from the Stonehearth trailer to sort of get everything right. I majorly messed up the feet, but if we look past that I think it was pretty good. It’s just a sketch right now with minor details (i’ll colour and refine it later if I have the time). I hope Allie sees this, she said she was excited about seeing Stonehearth fanart :smiley:

So, over the past few days I’ve been working gradually on this C’thulu
This iteration was my attempt to lazily draw and colour C’thulu but I just don’t work like that and I had to go one step further.

I decided to start sort of fresh, lose the colour and start from an outline. I decided to go with various thicknesses and taper some of the lines to give it a little more pizzaz.

Then came the colouring, i took swatches from Allie’s A17 C’thulu as you can see below and used those as reference for colouring each part of the body. Of course I had to make some of my own colours as Allie’s only feature a small part of the head.

At this point I just wanted to go the whole 5 miles and shade the C’thulu. I started with shadows and finished with highlights to give him a little more life and depth. EDIT: I experimented with light sources :wink:

Overall, im proud of this even though it wasn’t perfect. It’s all part of the learning process and the road to improvement. I just really hope @Allie likes it and flails and makes strange joyous noises :joy:

14 Likes

this is really good! makes me even more excited for when Cthulu is in-game!

let me just page @Allie for you then :wink:

We’re not afraid of Cthulhu!
…cuz we sacrifice pumpkins. Every week. On saturdays. Cthulhu does like pumpkins, right? Right?

2 Likes

Looking back at this, it looks like something off of Chowder for some reason lol

FLAILS it’s C’THULU…

Yess!! So cool!!! He looks awesome, I hope you do find some time to keep workin’ on him : D

1 Like

@Allie

6 Likes